What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

OCD (Panda) sated for the moment he's clean aagin and paint resealed and polished so ready for the winter. Second door seals are still working. For around £20 the D section 3m tape stops the crap getting in the door jambs, and it substantially reduced win noise as well as sounding like a BMW when the doors close. The other car still waiting this mod is a bit embarrasing when the doors clang shut.

Attachments

• noop survey 2.jpg
    noop survey 2.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 34
  • Noop survey 1.jpg
    Noop survey 1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
OCD (Panda) sated for the moment he's clean aagin and paint resealed and polished so ready for the winter. Second door seals are still working. For around £20 the D section 3m tape stops the crap getting in the door jambs, and it substantially reduced win noise as well as sounding like a BMW when the doors close. The other car still waiting this mod is a bit embarrasing when the doors clang shut.
With winter bearing down on us I'm just wondering if you're going to maybe get problems by stopping drain water from the door weep holes being able to flow freely out? Although I see the seals only extend to the front of the door so water can flow forward and the out at the rear of the front wing. - Sorry to be playing devil's advocate.

With winter bearing down on us I'm just wondering if you're going to maybe get problems by stopping drain water from the door weep holes being able to flow freely out? Although I see the seals only extend to the front of the door so water can flow forward and the out at the rear of the front wing. - Sorry to be playing devil's advocate.
Hmm,

C3 has these as factory, think he may have done them backwards as it were.

On a factory fit they are fitted to the door itself, so when you open the door they sweep any collected water away. Also get them out of the way of feet.

May well be fine, but in theory water may collect behind.

Last edited:
Hmm,

C3 has these as factory, think he may have done them backwards as it were.

On a factory fit they are fitted to the door itself, so when you open the door they sweep any collected water away. Also get them out of the way of feet.

May well be fine, but in theory water may collect behind.
Water doesnt collect behind. Theyve been done for 2 years and the door jambs remain dry and clean which is a revalation compared with the other two Pandas. You have reminded me that i need to cut a drain hole in one section as it does retain water internally after jet washing. The 3ms has drain holes built in every few inches but I need an extra one in one place, Gaps were left in strategic places to ensure water entering can drain away so when we are fording lakes and driving up river beds there are no issues...... Actually hes back in his fitted coat in the garage as its raining. Women in the household all taking the micheal again. He will emerge for his stint in the winter once the winter boots are on. Its getting wetter and colder so probably in the next 2 -4 weeks. Now the paints all treated again nothing sticks and all thats required in the winter is to chuck a bucket of clean water over him if hes muddy before parking up. Actually thinking about it I need to take a trailer load of stuff to the tip so he going to get dirty again later today. What all this does though is enable me to do a date stamped condition survey showing the paint is totally unmarked and ditto the underside for insurance evidence should the worst happen. I need to start using him more or it will have been a waste of money buying in the first place. Two daughters mean a spare car is useful at times when they need their cars sorting. Thats what dads are for I suppose.

PS They do NOT get to use my pride and joy unsupervised.... yet.

That's the thing that gets us Europeans when we first start to move around over your side of the pond. The distances are so vast. It first hit me when, a few years ago, we were staying with my daughter (and family) in Southern Maryland and decided to drive up to my sister for thanksgiving - roughly 2 hours west of Boston near the Quabbin reservoir - Thought we'd do it in a day but it took us two! We did stop off briefly at a few places along the way though. Nice and peaceful cruising along the I-95 most of the time except around the big cities.
I got back home late last night after a 400 mile, 12 hour slog. My butt and shoulders have felt better. More on this later when I feel a bit more human and catch up on household chores.

I've heard about US distances on a couple of occasions. Once in Iceland, when my wife and I were dining with friends in Iceland. The friends asked where our next stop was and we told them that it was 180 km away. They looked at us like we had lobsters crawling on us. My wife told them that driving 300 miles a day in the US was more or less normal.

One other time was in Oz. I bought myself a Wallabys' AFL football at a sporting goods store because the team colors are the same as my favorite US NFL team, the Green Bay Packers. Anyway, when I mentioned that to the cashier, she said that then I know. "I know what?", says I. "That it's a bloody long way.", says she. She came to Oz after college and was part owner of the store. Her parents had recently visited from the UK and mentioned that they wanted to visit another cousin while they were there. They were guessing a half hour drive. Their jaws dropped when she told them that it wasn't a half hour, it was seven hours.

On Wednesday, I was browsing eBay, and submitted an offer of £20, which was the starting bid, for an Ozzy Osbourne vinyl LP. Yesterday, my offer was declined. There wasn't long left on the auction, so I set my maximum bid, and left the auction to run its course. I ended up winning the auction for... £20, lol!! 😂😂

Trying to use my Panda handbook index. LOL I want to know about oil. Think of a letter and double it take away the first letter you thoughtb of and you get the place to look in the index.... or not.

Its always dark, cold and wet when you need the handbook. Its clear as daylight however you dont need this index. I might redo it for a laugh one wet winters afternoon.

I found two old watches that were my mothers in a box today. Neither will ever work again. I just cut the cases off and they are now worth £130 as scrap! I so nearly just chucked them in the bin. Would you adam n eve it. We may be able to eat at christmas. We still wont be able to afford to cook though

Last edited:
This little dog is perfect, without fault or flaw in any way and he is just the best and brightest we have ever had the joy of owning. We dont actually OWN him. Hes family.

Attachments

• Barney Sept 2022.jpg
    Barney Sept 2022.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Panda Handbook Index.

Airbags. look under S
Tyres and tyre pressures look under W
Bulbs Take your pick of letter but dont look under either B for bulbs or L for lights
but if you want to know about DLR look under D you cant miss it its there no less than 3 times in a row (or should I say column)

A few pics of the ride. 1306 mile round trip with a marathon 454 miles yesterday.
1q35zeu.jpg

0M84jaV.jpg

89rSV9n.jpg

R7vBZJM.jpg

Cy4yVzN.jpg
Reminds me of the thing I think they refer to as the Iron A*** (bottom) which involves a 1000 miles ridden in 24 hours on a bike. In a car, my longest stint so far, and probably ever is 653 and that was enough in a decent modern car with all the toys. 450 miles on a bike must be mega tiring. Your trip looks like fun though!

Reminds me of the thing I think they refer to as the Iron A*** (bottom) which involves a 1000 miles ridden in 24 hours on a bike. In a car, my longest stint so far, and probably ever is 653 and that was enough in a decent modern car with all the toys. 450 miles on a bike must be mega tiring. Your trip looks like fun though!
Close, it’s called the Iron Butt. I’ve done enough 24hr bicycle rides to never want to do one. At least not on purpose. I’ve done the 1200 mile drive to and from my kids place in New England in a day more than once. Not fun.

The trip was fun, but I will plan a bit better if I do something like it again. I felt tired the last 100 miles and those were done after sunset. I had aching joints on Friday but was pretty good on Saturday.

On Wednesday, I was browsing eBay, and submitted an offer of £20, which was the starting bid, for an Ozzy Osbourne vinyl LP. Yesterday, my offer was declined. There wasn't long left on the auction, so I set my maximum bid, and left the auction to run its course. I ended up winning the auction for... £20, lol!! 😂😂
I have just done similar .
I sent a £10 offer on something starting at £7.50 , was auto declined by the system ,so I then bid £10 ish , that means that nobody else can make an offer on it now . I'm the first and high bidder ,but for how long ?
Finishes Sunday ,will report back if I win the auction .

I have just done similar .
I sent a £10 offer on something starting at £7.50 , was auto declined by the system ,so I then bid £10 ish , that means that nobody else can make an offer on it now . I'm the first and high bidder ,but for how long ?
Finishes Sunday ,will report back if I win the auction .
Yep , won this with my single bid at £7.50 + post , an absolute bargain for what I will be getting , that's because the seller's main description was rubbish .
It didn't include any of the words or detail I usually use to search for them so it's possible that many buyers for these ,and there are a few didn't even see it .Seller won't be happy ,but it's their own fault .
I might have a go at winning 4 more from 1 seller tomorrow , 4 separate auctions , could be a bargain to be had .:)👍🚗🚙

As a collector of petrol & paraffin camp stoves, Ebay was my go to for years. Something happened along the way and what I used to get for under $10US are now going for 10 to 15 times that amount, so I've been having better luck at garage sales and antique stores. That hasn't stopped me from the occasional search on Ebay, "cuz ya never know".
I've been on a prowl for an Optimus 8R single burner for years but the prices have been nuts. Before leaving on the motorcycle trip, I placed a bid on one that was kind of beat up and might, or might not, have been an Eastern European or Asian clone. That last bit doesn't matter. I calculated the shipping and put in my max bid to include that bit. Long story short, my max bid won it, which was still cheap. The stove arrived the day after I got home. Yes, it was kind of beat up. It has a bad rattle-can silver paint job on the outside and the fuel tank heat shield was installed backwards. But it instantly fired up and runs really well.
WGX8r2Bl.jpg

I used it to make lunch and a hot drink when I was at this car show.
rAOTwwPl.jpg

With a little help from the folks at the UK based Classic Camp Stoves forum, we narrowed it down to not Eastern European. Possibly Asian but a better chance it's a later version the real thing. I've been a CCS since it was a message board.

More tedious Ebay stuff .
You know when it's too good to be true ?...well it's just happened .

The seller of the item I won earlier has just emailed..."I have lost 1 part of the 6 in the listing ,I will refund "

I don't believe that for 1 second ,he's just miffed at selling something so cheap .

This should be in the grumpy thread but it's just a contining story of my Ebay saga .

Edit ,I messaged back saying to send the 5 pieces if 1 is lost ,it's still worth it to me , let's see what he does .

Last edited:
Back