What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

The point raised above was that they aren't green because the still use fossil fuel to charge them. My point was that given that all our green renewables in the UK have next to no affect ot he pricing of energy then it's questionable whether charging and an electric car has any enviromental benefit at all.

(and dont worry, you dont sound smart enough to be rude to me)
As much as I want to continue this discussion, as I have issue with your points, this really isn't the thread for it, and as you’ve already decided to bring the discussion down to pointless insults, it seems best to leave it there. You can just assume I'm not smart enough to have the debate with you.

And there I was trying to 'upgrade' the coolant circuit on a Grande.. 'zoneing off' the firewall and beyond circuit for a much nicer summer experience
No 80'c hot water cooling( or should that be.. cooking) me from the dashboard
Is it not just radiated heat from the black plastic dash?

Ours is always a case of you can touch a vent and it's ice cold but if the sun is coming through the window the top of the dash remains warm/hot for some time as do the interior plastics.

Not all the notifications are coming through. This thread is one in point. Last notification, 30th August.

Ditto the notifications....

I've noticed you are both using gmail accounts - could you do me a favour and check in the Gmail spam/junk folder and see if there are there.

If they are there, then it could be I need to check the mail server routing - if they aren't there, then I'll have to keep thinking...

I've noticed you are both using gmail accounts - could you do me a favour and check in the Gmail spam/junk folder and see if there are there.

If they are there, then it could be I need to check the mail server routing - if they aren't there, then I'll have to keep thinking...
Nothing in my spam folder.
A long time ago we had trouble with the email I'd used for years, so I had to change to this gmail account. If this then becomes a problem, perhaps you could recommend an email account that will work.

You can switch them all off in preferences to stop getting spammed from the site.

I know.

I switched them all off a few weeks ago, maybe it somehow applied that to everyone :D
joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

The problem was that we were not getting the notifications we wanted, despite them being switched ON.
You are the lucky ones Im getting tired of the welter of emails. I cannot get the mobile app to work so really dont want piles of emails on my phone. I shall have to try harder to find the setting which is required. You can surely rely on computers to waste a hell of a lot of your time wherever they are used. They are undoubtedly superb tools for many things, but when they decide to be difficult they could easily start an enormous war,

You are the lucky ones Im getting tired of the welter of emails. I cannot get the mobile app to work so really dont want piles of emails on my phone. I shall have to try harder to find the setting which is required. You can surely rely on computers to waste a hell of a lot of your time wherever they are used. They are undoubtedly superb tools for many things, but when they decide to be difficult they could easily start an enormous war,
Untick all, done

Received emails for myself and my partner to get a Covid booster jab. Options are book online, or call. As my partner is in a wheelchair, it makes sense to have both done at once, to save a second visit for me alone. So booking online won't work.
I did check online, and locations were not plentiful, especially with wheelchair access.
Made the call. Wait through a tedious set of recorded options, during which we are told that the operators have the same access to appointments as we can see online.
At last, an answer. Sounded like an Indian accent, but he spoke clearly, and understood the request. So far all good. He suggested a location, acceptable, but not on the online system. Booked mine, then the call cut off.
Had to call back, wade through the options again. A different operator, again with an Indian accent, but this time, difficult to understand, as he chose to mumble very quickly, running his words into each other. He did not seem to understand that this was a clarity issue, and kept increasing the volume. A loud incoherent mumble, is not easier than a quiet one. This guy was inflexible. He would only go through his standard questions, in order, without deviation, although he did ask some different questions, in a different order, than the first guy. Eventually we did get two appointments, same place, same time. But why such hard work? Surely many couples want the same thing?

Received emails for myself and my partner to get a Covid booster jab. Options are book online, or call. As my partner is in a wheelchair, it makes sense to have both done at once, to save a second visit for me alone. So booking online won't work.
I did check online, and locations were not plentiful, especially with wheelchair access.
Made the call. Wait through a tedious set of recorded options, during which we are told that the operators have the same access to appointments as we can see online.
At last, an answer. Sounded like an Indian accent, but he spoke clearly, and understood the request. So far all good. He suggested a location, acceptable, but not on the online system. Booked mine, then the call cut off.
Had to call back, wade through the options again. A different operator, again with an Indian accent, but this time, difficult to understand, as he chose to mumble very quickly, running his words into each other. He did not seem to understand that this was a clarity issue, and kept increasing the volume. A loud incoherent mumble, is not easier than a quiet one. This guy was inflexible. He would only go through his standard questions, in order, without deviation, although he did ask some different questions, in a different order, than the first guy. Eventually we did get two appointments, same place, same time. But why such hard work? Surely many couples want the same thing?
I so admire your calm with this frustration,and your perseverance looking after your dear wife. You SIr are a real gem. It makes even more economic sense to cut back trips in the car and its frustrating to hear how hard it is to organise such a simple need. I wish I could offer more than moral support. I shall however email my MP and raise the issue in the hope that it might make a small difference. It mirrors my recent experience of ringing the emergency support number for my condition to find they had three naswer phones sending you round in circles and nobody answering to advise or help. I understand the issues of staffing but I was anyhting but calm at the end of my 2 hour telephone quest (unsuccessful) to get some help. When I am hopefully fitIsh) again, next year, with luck I hope to volunteer at our local hospital, doinng anything needed, as the only way I can see of improving things but it will be too little too late for the NHS. Keep your chin up and know that there are lots of us who wish you and all those in the same position luck and good fortune.

Back