General What's it Worth?????

Currently reading:
General What's it Worth?????

Jetsfan5

Cinqs & Chester Jets rock
For those of you that have followed my trials and tribulations; I have now decided to sell the Cinq.

Having been ripped off when I bought it, I could do with some honest advice on what my car is worth at present, bearing in mind the repairs needed.

The Cinq is 1996 Sporting model with lowered suspension, super chip stage 1, full body kit with blue tinted windows and twin exhaust(pic available in Gallery under 'J' for Jetsfan). I have just spent loads on it having new brake cables, brakes, wheel cylinders, exhaust repaired, rear gearbox mount, repaired sump, twin spark coil pack and new oil filter.

The cinq has a significant oil leak (believed to be coming from the rear crankshaft oil seal, but could be from sump gasket as the leak is above the flywheel). The handbrake still needs re-doing, it needs two new drive shaft gaitors and two new rear tyres and a new spare wheel. The car has a huge scratch down the driver's side, courtesy of 'darling' kids with keys and where the body kit has been attached could do with some tlc to make it neat.

Car drives fine and I love it, but due to the dishonesty of the previous seller and therefore the unexpected costly repairs I can no longer afford to keep it as the 'cheap runaround' it was intended to be.

The car is MOT'd until 16th May and the tax is until end of June (I think).

Ideas on how much to sell it for would be appreciated. I'm sure a cinq enthusiast will probably be able to do most of the work themselves and save a fortune (topping the oil up is about as technical as I get!!!).

Many thanks

Thanks. Realise I will make a big loss considering what I bought it for and the repairs I have had done, but want to make sure I get what it's worth. £400 is better than a poke in the eye!! :p

Bit silly to fix so much and then give it to someone else when making a loss, just ask everyone you meet about good DIY mechanics and get your handbrake and leak fixed, hairdryer to those tints and hey presto!

Liam

Tints are ok. As a mature student it just isn't financially viable for me to continue with the repairs. If I had known about the faults previously I wouldn't have bought it, but the seller assured me everything was ok and having never owned a Fiat before wasn't aware of the common probs.

Need a small car I can just get in and go, cos I do a 44 mile round school trip with the kids each day and as a basketball fanatic I travel all round the country to watch the Chester Jets, so I need something that will be ready to go and economical on petrol.

Will be sad to see it go, cos it does turn heads and is fun to drive (2nd childhood), but I don't know any handy bods who can help with the repairs and labour costs are ridiculous. Got to be practical not sentimental, so the cinq will be sold.

Thanks for your help.

Open to sensible offers, bearing in mind the repairs needed - oil leak is the biggest prob - don't know if its where the sump hasn't been re-fitted properly or could be rear crankshaft oil seal.

Having said that the car runs fine and has had £350 spent on it in the last couple of weeks alone. Will be sorry to see it go!!!

No, Southend - just support Chester Jets!! Binki Bunny is gorgeous, our Stormy bunny likes a head rub too!! :p

Back