General What's it worth?

Currently reading:
General What's it worth?

Ozric-Al

Established member
Hi All,

As you may have seen from a previous thread I may be buying my Mums Cinq sporting. It's a '98R in silver with 61k on the clock. Unfortunately, the biggest issue with it is that my Mum has owned it and as such every wheel is kerbed, both front indicator lenses, N/S Headlamp and O/S rear clusters need replacing and the exhaust is blowing. It also has minor scrapes on just about every panel.

She's just going to chop it in for PX so i thought it might be a good little runabout to keep the miles down on my HGT.

So, as I will more than likely be able to get it for the chop in value what should they be looking to get?

Cheers.

£550 as it is but the parts mentioned arent too dear to sort out :)

A p/x quote would probs be around 250-400 quid mark

£550 as it is but the parts mentioned arent too dear to sort out :)

A p/x quote would probs be around 250-400 quid mark

The problem is, the px quote could be £1000, if brought up first, because the salesman will have an overallowance from the profit of the car he's selling.

Hence why you start asking for a strsight deal price. He'll then give away his overallowance, so when you offer the cento as a px, he'll have to, either give you the actual value of the car, or give you a bigger price, but you are back to full list for what you are buying.

In the trade, the car is worth £100, because thats what it will get at auction. Car sales places are not interested in older trade ins, they go straight to the market.

Cheers

D

I doubt that will happen chap. Budget is for about £2k or less for a Brava so I doubt she'll get a big offer. I'm hoping it's low so I get it cheap. ;)

Thanks for the help guys. It's nice to know that not everyone bumps up their post count by simply stating the bleeding obvious. :D

Back