Technical Whats involved - rear arm

Currently reading:
Technical Whats involved - rear arm

LanciaMad

Established member
Ive been convinced to change the whole rear arm on my sei as apposed to just the two rear bushes, thing is I cant picture what is involved with this bit here:
S4P5211.jpg

Do you have to push a bearing on there or something, anyone done this before? What do I need and what should I expect?(y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
mase said:
bugger.... i expected about 50 each, but that is a little steep.

*checks bank account*

*realises smooth bonnet is more important :p *

50 each? Check my link, they are 50 each including postage.:slayer:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
It says somewhere in the description that the picture is just an example.

mase said:
oh yea :eek:

its been a long day, ive been in work since 6am, thats my excuse and im sticking to it.

cheers for that tho mate.... awesome find, u think they would have bushes in them? cause they are a pain to get out.

Gotta nose for a bargin me:D Ive asked the question, just waiting for the reply, I would have thought they came with the bushes tho....

Last edited:
Anyone help?

Ive been convinced to change the whole rear arm on my sei as apposed to just the two rear bushes, thing is I cant picture what is involved with this bit here:
S4P5211.jpg

Do you have to push a bearing on there or something, anyone done this before? What do I need and what should I expect?(y)

That part is for the rear hub, undo the rear central hub nut, it is tight, but it will budge. The hub usually comes off with a tug, failing that a hub puller isnt expensive, and easy to use. The rear plate that the brakes are mounted on also needs removing, i think it was four bolts, then that all assembles on the new arm, bleed the brakes, if you undo the brake lines, and retorque everything, then drive and enjoy.

The picture in the particular auction is an arm from a Punto IIRC, it is swings and roundabouts with this problemt really, you can get just the Fiat bushes from shop4parts for under £20 the lot I think and then the cost if you get someone else to do it is to get the old ones out and the new ones in.

You could also replace them with Powerflex bushes too and then you could forget about ever needing to replace them again in the cars lifetime.

Or you could get new arms and swop over your brakes and stuff and fit the new ones but all seem to carry a hefty labour charge at the garage or a bit of time in your garage/drive swearing at them!

Liam

Badger_Benji - thats perfect thanks.

Hmmm, confused now, maybe I'll just buy the powerflex stuff instead.

Decisions, decisions.:bang:

Badger_Benji said:
Mase there is a third option, buy the powerflex bushes and fit them in your old arms yourself (y)

thats tru.... but gettin the old bushes out of the old arms is a fookin mission!!! :bang:

to be honest, if it wasnt for the fact that they need virtually burning out of the old arms, that would be the answer everytime.

of course it does depend on how much a garage quotes u for the work.

Are the the bushes the same for the cinque and the sei?

Back