What's a fair price to ask for my car ?

Currently reading:
What's a fair price to ask for my car ?

Koa

Free dentistry available
I'm not sure how much I should sell my Stilo for, I have had substantially different quotes from dealers but I don't really want them to have my baby, i'd rather it go to a good home. So how much should I ask for it in classifieds :confused:

It's a 2004 54plate Stilo Abarth Selespeed, in metallic vitality blue. Anthracite and light grey leather interior, sky roof, Alarm. 18" Matrix energy wheels or Mak fioranos ( exactly the same make just different names in some shops)
It's lowered on Eibach springs. It has done only 4,500 miles from new, it has a full cadumuro rear bumper, cadamuro front splitter and cadamuro rear roof spoiler. It has a custom powerflow twin outlet stainless steel exhaust. Over 3k has been spent on mods for this car.
Bodywork and interior and engine are immaculate.

theres probably pictures in my gallery and there a few on my website. Have I missed anything :confused:

Any ideas then how much I should ask for it ?

I'm not sure about the mods, but similar cars are selling for around £10-11k ish. I would put it in for about £11k maybe a little extra with the mods.

If I had the money (or NCB) then I would buy it. Oh well maybe in 3 years (y)

It is in outstanding condition, the thing is though with putting a bodykit and extra's on you sometimes narrow your market of potential buyer? and you never get the money back that you have spent. I would use the parkers guide as starting point - we all know these prices as slightly lower though than the general market price? The over thing is you dont want to over price it as you'll find it harder to sell and dont want to be hanging around with for to long...

My opinion is i would advertise it for around £10,500 or £10,750 and be willing to take £9,500 or £10,000 - which is a good retain value considering how quick the stilo loose's money!

Good luck with the sale and i sed it before and ill say it again - i'd love your car anyday mark hope it goes to a good home (y)

KoA you say that you have had quotes from dealers well they like to make anything from 1kto21/2k ontop of what they offer part ex so that should give you some idea to work from(y) i will sorry to see your stilo go but what ever you decide to buy next even if its the focus then i dont think the situation will ever arise where people would say [and theres your coat and good by] cos people on F/Forum have to much respect for KoArAnG :worship:

Thanks again guys (y)

The 10.5k or thereabouts you suggest 1.8Stilo sounds like a plan to me.

Phil, the dealers quotes really were a world apart. One dealers was a complete ass and offered 7K and the others have bounced around the 9K mark. Alfa actually offered 10K so if I came away with that and the car went to a good home then that would do me. Bearing in mind that this car was specced up to over £18,300 when it was new from the dealers. Thank god I got a discount otherwise I'd be losing some serious money :eek:

thepottleflump said:
Good luck finding a buyer. Tastefully modified so shouldn't be too tough. So, what you getting instead?

This :eek: (y)

img1.jpg

H2DaE said:
Basically the Alfa is still a little out of my reach, comfortably, so if I want something now then the Focus ST is the best option. The Alfa would take me another 6 months to save the rest of the money and I really want to make plans for the FF trip to monaco in 2007, so I think maybe the ST is the wiser choice. Plus I looked into the depreciation figures and the Focus will hold it's value better than the Alfa :cry:

KoArAnG said:
Basically the Alfa is still a little out of my reach, comfortably, so if I want something now then the Focus ST is the best option. The Alfa would take me another 6 months to save the rest of the money and I really want to make plans for the FF trip to monaco in 2007, so I think maybe the ST is the wiser choice. Plus I looked into the depreciation figures and the Focus will hold it's value better than the Alfa :cry:

But, but, but, it's a Ford! :cry: Albeit a very nice Ford...

(I sound like Beau now :rolleyes:)

marks stilo..... FF DEMO CAR !!! plaster it with the ff logo from up there^^ :chin: forget that tipo pickup...weve got a stilo :p

the ST looks good....but please dont go for the orange one!!! lol

charlie

Back