General What would you say my car is worth?

Currently reading:
General What would you say my car is worth?

hey guys, i am thinking of selling my little pink cinq. Don't worry, i wont be leaving fiat as my next car will be.. a fiat.. ehehehe

clicky linky in siggy to to have a look at my car.

about the car, it has 0.. no wait... NO.. no wait.. nil.. Nothing wrong with it...

its (now) got good breaks, ALL electronics work, (yep even rear washer), brand new battery, it has a new exhaust, new tyres and lets not forget its fitted with all the sporting trim and the nice modded clock.
common rusting points are undersealed, as well as the break lines i didn't replace.

its done 64k miles and -well- looked after by me in the year i have owned it. the car had a full service just before christmas, new inner and outer CV boots new thermostat, and new alternator.

so guys and girls, what do you think the car is worth?

Private ad always gets the best price. Remember the phrase 'sold as seen' though. It ensures no comebacks and always do a sales receipt with the same phrase on and the time and date. That will protect you from any driving penalties incurred by a new owner after purchase.

Ebay: 500 starting bid :) simple

Exactly. Just think about what it actually offers. Any car that a mainstream buyer could run and in good condition with MOT should fetch £500.

Its worth £150 odd for scrap. I advertised a 'P' plate Punto with MOT but pretty ropey condition on Gumtree late last year and sold it in minutes for £300.

Private ad always gets the best price. Remember the phrase 'sold as seen' though. It ensures no comebacks and always do a sales receipt with the same phrase on and the time and date. That will protect you from any driving penalties incurred by a new owner after purchase.

It really really doesnt. That phrase has not been legally binding since the late 90s. Me saying I can definitely fly is more accurate in law. All you can do is explain any faults and write "condition agreed". Please do not write "sold as seen" and expect that to cover all/any kinds of faults you may decide not to divulge

i was told that if the V5 was in the post you were safe... :/

anyhoo i have made the decision to sell the car.. ive got it advertised on a few facebook groups so i will see what happens.

thanks guys.. not saying too much cos i dont want it to look like im advertising it in this section lol

It really really doesnt. That phrase has not been legally binding since the late 90s. Me saying I can definitely fly is more accurate in law. All you can do is explain any faults and write "condition agreed". Please do not write "sold as seen" and expect that to cover all/any kinds of faults you may decide not to divulge

:yeahthat:

i was told that if the V5 was in the post you were safe... :/

No if its sold with defects your aware of and you don't tell the buyer you can be in serious trouble!

That is good to know, how do you prove that the seller do indeed know about the problems?

Ming

Thats one of the things, not always easy to prove, but depending upon the defect I'm sure a court could come to a decision as to if its likly a seller knew about a fault or not.

Last edited:
Back