What would you do?

Currently reading:
What would you do?

soap_dodger

Not gay, ecstatic!
I've just signed in MSN and saw that my eldest cousin was on and in her personal message she put that she was on Bebo...

Me being a nosy little mare I went and did a search for her and found her profile.

But... This is where it gets worrying...

She's only 10 years old and she has put her age as 16! :eek:

I am a little worried that she might be talking to people that she shouldn't really and I don't know if I should I tell my Uncle or not. :confused: Or I should just tell her I know and tell her to change the age to something a little more near? :confused:

What would you do? :confused:

Thank you.

Nah, Bebo is 13.

I wouldn't have minded her putting 13 but 16 is too far. Her profile is private, but like most social sites, you get randoms adding you and thats what I am worried about really.

my sister was 12 when she got a myspace. but she only has me and my sister as friends on it really (and a few others from her class :p).

she has a bebo as well, but that is more for younger kids then adults (y)

watch out soap dodge josh will be grooming her this evening :eek: :D

sorry josh couldn't resist ;)

on a serious note have a word with her (you proabably know more about the net than her parents) especially important not to put DOB or any other info about her location and the importance of not meeting up with people on the internet without an adult....

watch out soap dodge josh will be grooming her this evening :eek: :D

sorry josh couldn't resist ;)

on a serious note have a word with her (you proabably know more about the net than her parents) especially important not to put DOB or any other info about her location and the importance of not meeting up with people on the internet without an adult....

you cheeky so and so lol :p

we told my sister betty that before she got bebo and myspace that we know everything that goes on and check on the computers history and also look on her profile as i have one too :D

bet she didnt tell you about her second account.............

the problem is most kids know more than their parents when it comes to computers. the ability to clear computers history is easy when you know what you are doing and only takes a few seconds.. Ideal at work when youv'e spent too much time on FF eh josh....

then again if your that concerned download and install a covert key logger

i dont spend that long on the forum ay work lol :D

my pc is one of the old ones that doesnt like it so takes an age to load - i save ot for once in every blue moon when the managers are in meetings.

i dont bother deleteing the history there either - it all gets saved to the server downstairs anyway :rolleyes:

just delted all the random people on myspace that i dont even know lol :D

you can not prevent a child from communicating with people online, and you have no control over who they will end up talking to. its impossible the police the internet or to watch a child's every move. even the barbie forum is full of sickos.

the only way to protect children is to educate them, try to make sure they understand how easy it is for people to pretend they are someone else (explain that she has done it with her age so other people can do it just as easily) and also tell her why some people would want to lie and meet up with her.

its not nice telling a 10 year old that some perv wants to bugger her and then bury her in a shallow grave, but they need to know. my GF's 9 year old sister is well aware that absolutely no one can be trusted and anyone may want to rape her or kidnap her or murder her, online and in real life, man or woman, young or old. she's still too young to really understand, but that doesnt mean she's too young to be scared. fear is a good tool when controlling children.

some of these online games sites are sick

my niece was in one of the chat rooms and some of the messages where ****ed up, considering the site was aimed at 7-16 y.o girls - dont think they was monitored

you can not prevent a child from communicating with people online, and you have no control over who they will end up talking to. its impossible the police the internet or to watch a child's every move. even the barbie forum is full of sickos.

the only way to protect children is to educate them, try to make sure they understand how easy it is for people to pretend they are someone else (explain that she has done it with her age so other people can do it just as easily) and also tell her why some people would want to lie and meet up with her.

its not nice telling a 10 year old that some perv wants to bugger her and then bury her in a shallow grave, but they need to know. my GF's 9 year old sister is well aware that absolutely no one can be trusted and anyone may want to rape her or kidnap her or murder her, online and in real life, man or woman, young or old. she's still too young to really understand, but that doesnt mean she's too young to be scared. fear is a good tool when controlling children.

Hmm this is true, trying to shield kids from this is like waving a red flag at a rather large bull. Alot of the kids that get sucked into this are those with social problems who are not finding the interaction or attention in there real lives. If you cousin has not got many friends and does not go out much and does not seem to talk to her parents much then sadly she is more of an easy target online, as sickos will give her all the attention she is after.

But if shes outgoing has lots of friends and has her head screwed on right then its just another network site for her and her friends to chat about stuff and share pics etc She probably got told about it from friends already using it already anyway.

Look for the real life problems first, as these can be exploited by people online who are looking for these kind of kids.

But the real question is why this society is breeding these kinds of people in the first place, fubar.

the real question is why this society is breeding these kinds of people in the first place, fubar.
it has always been an aspect of human nature. it was treated as normal and acceptable throughout the majority of human history, and it still is in some cultures. its not too long ago that child prostitutes were in every brothel in every town in britain. having girls as young as 8 working in brothels was considered normal. using them was not considered wrong.

our attitudes may change over time, but human nature does not. there always has been and always will be people who want to have sex with children.

Last edited:
I find it sick, I have a little sister whos 4 (5 next month) if anyone would try and go near her i would kill them, They should all have there dick and finger cut off :mad:

Bravo_Sean

I find it sick, I have a little sister whos 4 (5 next month) if anyone would try and go near her i would kill them, They should all have there dick and finger cut off :mad:

Bravo_Sean

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

but anyway i think you should tlk to her about it, ask her see what she says cause if you wade right in with the parents and stuff it will be less effective

Back