Styling What wheels for my 1.4 sporting??

Currently reading:
Styling What wheels for my 1.4 sporting??

Seano

I've been trying to decide on what wheels to get for my punto...i think i'll stick with 17's but not sure what colour (my punto's new orleans blue) or whether to go for multispoke or drift-style wheels?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!? :D

I've been trying to decide on what wheels to get for my punto...i think i'll stick with 17's but not sure what colour (my punto's new orleans blue) or whether to go for multispoke or drift-style wheels?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!? :D

why go for 17s,thats going sideways in my veiw 18s is the only way to go,the gp is a big enough car to cope with them.to replace the nice existing 1.4 sporting alloys with the same size wheels doesnt make sense to me unless there are money constraints 225/40/18 is the wheel size i would choose.but i have decided not to spend anymore ££££££ on my car,spent enough,change it next summer,

these are TSW catalunya's,the glorious thing about them is the spokes are inset away from the kerb,hence no kerbing especially if you get tyres with a MFS kerbing rim on them,they come like mine or you can have silver/chrome (at extra cost).get slightly wider tyres than standard for extra grip and more kerbing rim.these were £1010 with tyres. 225/40/18.You live in Kent which is far enough from me so we won't be seen together and seen to be copying,I'm joking.They would also suit the blue

Attachments

• GP 1.jpg
    GP 1.jpg
    935.4 KB · Views: 112
If I were you I'd keep the standards, they're nice. I prefer them to the 1.9 sporting wheels.

@ Jassyo - I don't think upgrading to wheels the same size is going 'sideways' as he is after a different style not necessarily a bigger size, not having a go or anything mate just saying :p

If I were you I'd keep the standards, they're nice. I prefer them to the 1.9 sporting wheels.

@ Jassyo - I don't think upgrading to wheels the same size is going 'sideways' as he is after a different style not necessarily a bigger size, not having a go or anything mate just saying :p

what i meant by going side ways is swapping 17s for17s i think he will be hard pushed to find a nicer set than the standard 1.4sporting alloys unless he buys a set a lot more expensive.the only reason i ain't put 18"s on is i will be trading the car in,in about 4-5 months time which would be a waste of £1000 -£1200.but a really nice set of 18s in my opinion would look better that's all each to their own......:)

I agree he will find it hard to source a set of 17s nicer than the standards on his sporting, they're very nice wheels and like I said in my opinion nicer than the 1.9 standards

If I were you i'd keep them and if you really want a different wheel style then consider changing the colour?

I have the 1.4 Sporting myself and love the standard wheels. Would only consider changing them if they got scuffed or worn... Let us know what you go with anyway!

Thanks for the input, it's given me something to think about, i agree the standard wheels look good but i think one of the best ways to personalise the car is by changing the wheels, trouble is there's way to much to choose from...i'll let you know what i decide on doing when i do!! :(

the best designed alloy wheels are those that are on BMW's,by design I don't mean the shape of the spokes,I mean the fact that the spokes all go in towards the centre of the wheel away from the kerb so no kerbing and the outer lip are designed to take a tyre with a kerbing lip on them,the Fiat wheels are virtually flush with the tyre and therefore get kerbed,they are attractive to look at but not practical,BMW wheels are attractive but practical,its difficult to kerb a BMW wheel and not many are,the wheels on my car are similar in design to a BMW wheel and I have the kerbing lip on the tyre.Being a driving instructor and wanting big wheels I had to look at the design of the wheels very carefully because a kerbed wheel looks horrible,those wheels that have the spokes sit further out than the rim,forget,waste of money,go for inset spokes.I hope this helps,john

i'd also recommend 18s, i hav 17s on myn nd they just dont fill the arches gd enuff. i'm considering savin 4 some 18s r maybe pushin it 2 19s

Back