General What tools do i need?

Currently reading:
General What tools do i need?

JustAndy

Doesn't own a fiat..
I know theres many threads about removing front bumpers etc etc but i cant find one that actually says exactly what tools i will need for doing so.
Im going to the scrap yard very soon to try and get a sporting bumper to attempt to smooth but ive never taken off a bumper before and have no idea what i need to take with me.
Any help would be good and if possible asap
Cheers :D

good set of screw drivers for the wheel arch liners

torx driver for the bolts on the bumper

spanner or socket wrench for the pain in the arse bolt that holds the bumper to the wing

i think thats everything, sorry i don't know sizes i just try them till they fit :eek:

good set of screw drivers for the wheel arch liners

torx driver for the bolts on the bumper

spanner or socket wrench for the pain in the arse bolt that holds the bumper to the wing

i think thats everything, sorry i don't know sizes i just try them till they fit :eek:

Cheers Jip0 ill just take an array of tools with me i just didnt want to miss anything off lol(y)

im pretty sure i got everything

the arch liner screws are a right bitch to get out when i done mine and they were sized so i managed to get the bolt of without taking them off but i wouldn't recommend it

a good breakers will usually have tools you can use

im pretty sure i got everything

the arch liner screws are a right bitch to get out when i done mine and they were sized so i managed to get the bolt of without taking them off but i wouldn't recommend it

a good breakers will usually have tools you can use

Mine were a piece of ****! :confused:

Actually, my entire bumper came off fine. I'd take some WD40, and some mole grips or some other sort of other grippy thing. Therefore, in the instance, that you round off a bolt, you can use the grips the get the bastard out! :p

Mine were a piece of ****! :confused:

Actually, my entire bumper came off fine. I'd take some WD40, and some mole grips or some other sort of other grippy thing. Therefore, in the instance, that you round off a bolt, you can use the grips the get the bastard out! :p

mine weren't :( but mole grips and wd40 is a good idea

With arch liners clean out the screw's cross heads and use a SHARP screwdriver. With the 8mm and 10mm bolts use 6 point sockets because 12points will likely round off the corners.

If the large flat headed screws shear off don't worry about it, just drill alongside and use some captive washer self tappers.

Well that was a big fail! First off i forgot my wd40 :bang: and i got all of them out minus 2 of them on the bottom of the bumper, they went so far and stopped. Nothing could grip them and they just werent budging so next time im taking a hacksaw to cut the little buggers off if they dont want to play.
But i did get myself an almost new interior piece that was cracked in mine for nothing :)

When you come fit the New Bumper to your car

make sure you dip the screws in Copper grease and or put a lil in the Holes for it

A - Stops rust starting there
B - Stops the bugger's from seizing
C - Makes removal in future a breeze

Mine were "tight" and Gently Working them loose - mine came out fine
Copper grease in and they seem nice and fine as well

Ziggy

Back