What should it say on my car mats?

Currently reading:
What should it say on my car mats?

Oh and if you're bothering to buy mats to cover the mats AND have writing on them, they should be covered too ;)

I don't get it, they are supposed to be there to stop the carpet getting dirty, not to be a fashion accessory. If you are going to avoid any dirt getting in your car in the first place, you don't need any sodding mats. If your car is going to get muddy, it's the mats you want to get muddy. Bring back the black rubber easy to clean things I say.

Can't beat the cheapo things I've got that cost me four quid several years ago when I still had the Uno, drivers one's a bit threadbare but still functional and I'm too tight to buy new ones ;)

Neofolis said:
I don't get it, they are supposed to be there to stop the carpet getting dirty, not to be a fashion accessory. If you are going to avoid any dirt getting in your car in the first place, you don't need any sodding mats. If your car is going to get muddy, it's the mats you want to get muddy. Bring back the black rubber easy to clean things I say.

i just have boring grey things!!! i like em though!! doesnt matter if they get dirty!

Bushboy said:
KoArAnG let us know when they get here so we can see em! I like em alot!
I will do mate.
I had some Abarth mats on order from fiat, which they said would be with me in a couple of days. Well i've been waiting for 6 weeks so balls to them.
I'll get some pics and let you know if they are really worth the money when they come.

Neofolis said:
You mean they are both inpracticle fashion statements.

no she means they both look like they are wearing skin of smurf!! :p

personally i love the smurf look, i have a hat that looks like a dead smurf!

I had an invoice through with the mats pictured on it, so i could decide on the final design, it's now a wait of up to 28 days, which is pretty understandable considering they are custom made. So far the company have been very friendly, i'll let you know the final outcome.

joecinq said:
Aren't the genuine abarth mats under £40?

I got a set, and i think pete has got some aswell.

Although them ones are very nice :)
Yeah im getting them too, when they finally arrive, so i can use them as spares when i get my blue ones cleaned..£36 for the genuine abarth ones.

Well when i finally got the mats, which was in around 2 weeks, I wasn't happy with the fit as the drivers side overlapped onto the footrest.

I sent the company an email stating what the problem was and the dimensions that the mat should be and they said they would replace it but didn't want the other one back, so I had a spare (that didn't fit too well.)

A month later i had to get onto them as i hadn't had the replacement, and they appolagised, and got it done and sent out to me within 2 days of my p*ssed off phone call, ( after i warned them i would slate them on here :) )

In the meantime, i didn't like there excuse for what was supposed to be Navy blue, as it was more of a turquose so i decided to dye my spare mat and it came out rather spiffing... So now i have dyed the whole set and i'm happy at last..

Very good quality btw, just avoid the navy blue unless your prepared to dye them proper navy blue ;)

Here's a couple of pics of me mats..

Back