What products do you use ?

Currently reading:
What products do you use ?

callumt

This is just to see what products you guys use on your fiats ?

I personally use muc-off for the soapy bit and chemical guys for making it shiny :wink:

I've only washed Dubster by hand once & that was last summer.

P1030691.jpg

That's my collection of Autoglym Products, also use Fast Glass

Mrcento said:
I like the dirty rally stage look :D

lol feel'in that look on the polo if only to hide it from the world pmsl.

I'm hoping to find the time to give it a bit of spring love in the form of,
Chemical Guys No Touch Snow Foam,
Chemical Guys/Detailing World Bubblegum Shampoo,
Meguiars Wheel Brightener,
Serious Performance clay bar with SP Quick Detailer as lube,
SP Paint Cleanser
Dodo Juice Skull Candy wax
DJ Clearly Menthol glass cleaner

I must say mines has not been getting great amounts of cleaning done recently but as soon as the weather picks up it will be gleaming everyday using a blend of some meguiars polish and wax or chemical guys all in one polish and some glossworks glaze and some serious detarring needs done too !

Car was washed at the weekend using a rare product called the generous brother-in-law :D I've no idea what he used to clean it but it briefly looked good although was back to being muddy again after less than 24 hrs :(

It's not really worth spending hours cleaning the car when your commute consists of 15 miles of farm roads

kinda realising this is one of the negative of living in the country an having to pass 4 farms on the way to work, car dusna half get $hitty quick

On my punto, I've used:

Meguiars:
NXT detailer - Avoid, utter crap
Trim and dash restorer - actually quite good
Liquid Gold Shampoo - No complaints
Liquid Caranuba Wax - Good but a cnut to buff
Hot Rims (The tyre stuff) - Very good

Neilsen
Super 'A' Sheen - Not that good
APC - Quite an inferior product

Autoglym
Interior shampoo
Bodywork shampoo conditioner
Super Resin Polish
High Definition Wax
Rubber and Vinyl cleaner
Fast Glass
Bumper and trim gel
Might have forgot some others

Turtle Wax
Tyre gel (The "nano tech" stuff)

RainX

I've also used Meguiars clay bar, Turtle wax polish and a couple of other cheaper products on my other cars.

I feel sorry for you guys that live up farm roads ! Must be a nightmare trying to keep the cars clean !

I stopped using they jetwash things when i thought about the amount of sh*t that will be stuck to the brushes

Ive heard about the hot rims and the feedback i got was that its the best stuff to buy considering the price of it. Ive got a clay bar too just no lube for it so i tried using water and it worked enough to get the main crap off the bottom of the 4 doors. Havent used it since as i plan on getting another bar and some lube and in the better weather just abusing it so the cars spotless.

What do you guys find best for putting tar remover on as i just use and old towel as its rough so when the tar remover soaks into that its brilliant for getting anything off. But of course i know thats not what your meant to use so i just wanted to know what you guys think best and ill give it a try ?

Plus cheers for all the replies ! Got a good wee discussion going :)

i have been told about autosmart tardis tar remover its meant to be brill stuff hope so just got a litre of ebay

mr bump said:
i have been told about autosmart tardis tar remover its meant to be brill stuff hope so just got a litre of ebay

it's ment to be the biz, will be getting myself some of the bay too. currently using some autobrite tar remover, does the job quite effectively

I might look into that !

Do you guys just soak a cloth in it and use that to take the tar off ? Or a micro-fibre cloth ?

i'd normally spray it tar spot, once it's weeping wipe off with a MF. more stubborn spots av used a damp MF to adjatate a little

richard33dees said:
i'd normally spray it tar spot, once it's weeping wipe off with a MF. more stubborn spots av used a damp MF to adjatate a little

Ahh i see ! I might give that a try then !

Back