General what kind of suspension is this?

Currently reading:
General what kind of suspension is this?

right this new car i brought, has lowered suspension on it but i didnt know what kind. i had a look today and now know its koni suspension, but is it adjustable or what?? :confused:

any help would be much apreciated

koni.jpg
[/IMG]
back suspension

sus.jpg
[/IMG]
front suspension

you didnt show the bits where the damper adjusters are. so i dunno

does the rear damper have a small adjustment screw at the bottom?

and the front one, remove the top rubber cap and does it look like the centre bit turns to adjust it?

either way, the rear one still has full size bump stops :ee:

In the engine bay, at the sides are the top mounts. They should have little black plastic covers over them. If you pop the covers off you will see the threads and nut on the top of the strut. If the threaded part has a little bit sticking out the top - looks like a radiator bleed nipple - then they are adjustable. The rear ones may be the type where you need to take them off and twist them to adjust.

Or they might both be fixed dampening. :(

Oh the bump stop is the thing pointing down inside the rear spring. Basically stops the back end bottoming out.

99sei said:
i dont know what a damper is lol.

The damper is the yellow thing. Some people will call them shock absorbers, but in engineering terms the spring is the thing that absorbs the shock, and the damper stops the spring bouncing all over the place.

As has been suggested, the koni way of adjusting dampers without top pins is to take them off, push them shut then twist the two halfs to adjust. IIRC Koni only adjust the rebound setting.

Cheers

D

Koni adjustables arnt adjustable on rear only at front, if you have just a normal nut with threaded bit of strut through it then non adjustables, but if you have a kind of flat point to it on a protruding urm thing :eek: then they're adjustables

Those shocks or dampers and springs would have cost over £400 when new, I wanted Konis but had to go with the cheaper Spax stuff.

The springs when new are £140!

Good wee bargain there.

Liam

Back