General What is this?

Currently reading:
General What is this?

sparkieno1

I recently got a focus induction kit from a guy on this forum for £10. he had used it for around 100 miles, and had cut it to fit behind the battery, which i thought was great. but my car has something else behind the battery so i had to cut the induction kit even shorter as it seemed like the only option. so im just wondering what the black part is, and why other 8v puntos dont have it? the induction kit is working fine being cut shorter and it makes a nice sound change to the car.

its a Y reg 1.2 8v ELX.

Heres a pic to help:

cool, so howcome other 8vs dont have it? and ones that do, how did other people fit it behind the battery? i take it they didnt but mine seems ok

It would have been an option or maybe standard on the ELXs (more rare I think)

I think they run it down over engine towards passenger headlight like so

induction_kit2.JPG

yep i know its dirty, im gona steam clean it when i get a chance. and lots of people put the induction kit behind the battery and the car is definatly not slower.

silver pipe is over the top of the engine so its always gonna have hot air passing through..

silver pipe gets mad hot so any air that passes throught will heat up

behind the battery is better

aye it makes it sound really good, and about the cable ties, im gona make up a bracket and sort it all out, but its really steady the way it is just now, until i get a chance to make the bracket.

Back