What is the point...

Currently reading:
What is the point...

Just been to get some fuel for the Marea and the girl before me has put £5 of premium unleaded (Optimax) in her Pug 106...

A fiver aint exactly going to get you far, especially at the cost of Optimax.

Plus is a chav'd up P reg 106 going to perform any differently on Optimax, than it would if some drunk had pissed away a tenners worth of Special Brew into its tank?

maybe she did what i do :chin:

if i know im travelling far i fill up, no matter what the gauge says (months without a fuel gauge can do this to you :rolleyes: )

i went to Reading last weekend, ended only putting £8.50 in :p regualr stuff tho, none of this posh crap :p

custard boy said:
picture the scene.your travelling home but a bit low in juice.
no cards on you and just a fiver.
you dont want to get fuel on the way to work so just bung a fiver in at night when its quiet.
sherlocks not needed here

valid enough point, or she was just going for a cruise, we use fivers for cruises somtimes....

To get to work and nack costs me roughly a fiver.

If im going in enexpectedly, is it so bad to put a fiver in by its self? (especailly if i get that fiver back when at work).

I run the Punto for about 200~300 miles then fill up, doing the same with the Sei'... Found the Punto gives better economy on BP/Shell premium but not enough to justify paying more, a RR might show some differences in output but it's not noticeable on the road. I may try with the Sei' when I get a feel for her figures runnin' 95

I've never put just a fiver in as it would only last about 30 miles lol, but even when I had the sei I'd normally chuck a tenner or 15 in it but I can see why you'd only chuck a fiver in on some occasions

I always just brim fill. Then I know what my fuel ecconomy is, and I know I'll use the fuel anyway. Saves on wasting fuel driving to the filling station.

Also means I'm not wasting peoples time - takes just as long to pay for £5 as it does for £50 but I'll not be going back another 9 times!

put £5 in the cinq on sat, only needed a bit to get to mot garage

filled the punto up last night and it cut out after 5 mins, was gutted and the woman behind the desk couldnt tell me why :(

Back