General What is the best Diesel to use ?

Currently reading:
General What is the best Diesel to use ?

Well as most of you will know I am a Fiat DET and was keen to be able to give proper advice to my customers regarding V power diesel, it just happened to be an almost empty tank occurred on Saturday so my Stilo was completely filled (53 litres). I can confirm that there is no drop in fuel economy, possibly a few more mpg but as the tank is still being used I will let you guys know later. One thing that was very obvious was the engine very quickly picked up smoother and the engine was more responsive. Idle speed remained smooth, smoke wise I havent driven her at night to really see the smoke, but nothing noticeable during the day. At 102.9 its not cheap (standard diesel is 94.9) but I think I would recommend it for either alternate fills or 1 in 3 refills. Certainly it may have different benefits for engines at different mileages, my mileage 20k, and I would expect it more difficult for a tight engine to notice any difference, where as a it may be more onvious to a looser engine. Highly recommended, but dont take my word for it try it yourself.

Just seen an ad in this weeks auto express for millers oils diesel power sport, it's an additive that you add at 1:1000 dilution and they make some incredible claims !!!

up to 17.5% increase in BHP !!!
up to 7% economy improvements !!!
and prob the wildest, up to 70% exhaust smoke reductions !!!

claims to increase the cetane rating of your diesel by up to 4 numbers

no idea on cost though guys, but 1 bottle treats 10 tanks.

London ADI.

Ok well I topped up a full tank of BP ultimate which worked out at about £38....I swear I could see my fuel gauge dropping quicker. MPG seemed to drop, and it felt worse if anything.

I'm hoping it's the fuel and my car hasn't got problems...

Topped up with full tank of Vpower tonight £32. Lets see how tht goes.

After running three quarters of a tank of V power diesel I can confirm my earlier findings, very impressed with the smoothness of the engine, and very little smoke on hard acceleration. I have been doing 140 miles a day in two trips and this is not my normal usage, mpg is 3 miles per gallon better than comparable journeys I did a few months ago, so I am very happy. I would recommend it.

Back