General What is best?

Currently reading:
General What is best?

xSianx

Basically Thursday night in the snow i crashed my car and have done a fair bit of damage to the car..im waiting to be told if it is a rite off or not. But so fair i have been told by fiat that even if it isn't it will need a hell of a lot of work to it im looking at new bumper, new reg, new headlights, new new right side wing. Im waiting for the car to be properly assessed who could still rite the car off but have been told by my insurance company i dont have to go through Fiat.
But im thinking as it is a hell of a lot of money i gotta pay maybe its best to go through fiat then i know im getting a good job.

Or is it safe to go through another garage? Im not sure what to do as its a lot of money which i dont have in the first place..just wondering what other people would do?!?

I would make sure the Fiat garage you are going to use has a on-site bodyshop as some use other off-site bodyshops so yes you 'should' get a better job done.

I have done work (on GP's funningly enough) where car was repaired elsewhere only to come back with wiring faults (connectors not fitted right and wiring looms trapped) due to poor repair/assembly.

Basically Thursday night in the snow i crashed my car and have done a fair bit of damage to the car..im waiting to be told if it is a rite off or not. But so fair i have been told by fiat that even if it isn't it will need a hell of a lot of work to it im looking at new bumper, new reg, new headlights, new new right side wing. Im waiting for the car to be properly assessed who could still rite the car off but have been told by my insurance company i dont have to go through Fiat.
But im thinking as it is a hell of a lot of money i gotta pay maybe its best to go through fiat then i know im getting a good job.

Or is it safe to go through another garage? Im not sure what to do as its a lot of money which i dont have in the first place..just wondering what other people would do?!?

You really need to take some advice. If fully comprehensive, then let insurance company deal with it.
Why would you think this? Unless your local Fiat dealership has a well recommended 'body shop'.
Better take some advice!

I would make sure the Fiat garage you are going to use has a on-site bodyshop as some use other off-site bodyshops so yes you 'should' get a better job done.

I have done work (on GP's funningly enough) where car was repaired elsewhere only to come back with wiring faults (connectors not fitted right and wiring looms trapped) due to poor repair/assembly.

Well i took it to AMC's bodyshop which is no longer fiat but they are still fiat approved. I have been to Glyn Hopkin Fiat before for a quote on my back bumper and there bodyshop is round the courner from them but there prices are a Lot lot more then AMC's there was over £100 difference on my back bumper quote from them.

shouldt have driven in the snow tbh.

but wait to see if the insurance call it a write off.

x

I had no choice! needed to get home somehow! Wouldn't have driven unless i had to!!

Last edited:
I just had some repair work done on mine.
Ended up having the work done twice as the first guy ( recommended by the insurance company) did a proper hack job.

My advice, research well n find your own garage.

Ended up having the work done twice as the first guy ( recommended by the insurance company) did a proper hack job.

yeah but if you go to a garage that isn't used by the insurance company and they **** it up then the insurance companies won't always pay to have someone else repair it cos they didn't endorse the first garage in the first place!

At least if an insurance garage messes up you're guarentee'd to get it put right (y)

yeah but if you go to a garage that isn't used by the insurance company and they **** it up then the insurance companies won't always pay to have someone else repair it cos they didn't endorse the first garage in the first place!

At least if an insurance garage messes up you're guarentee'd to get it put right (y)

and depending on your policy you will also get a courtesy car

i would run a mile from AMC

Why is that??

My insurance company have reccommended me a garage but it aint even in my area!!

and depending on your policy you will also get a courtesy car

I wont get a courtsey car my insurance company have said i cant have one!

ive not heard anything about them, i dont really trust any where insurance companies send you though, i think they do them as they get a good deal rather than a good repair. ones mrs dave went to was a main ford dealer and if i hadnt had inspected the repair to the back of her car all it wold have was a new badly fitted bumper. they hadn't repaired any of the damaged bodywork behind the bumper.

i would go have a chat to glyn hopkings and see if there chadwell heath branch have a body shop, an if they do ask if they would send your car there and do you a loan car too

Last edited:
ive not heard anything about them, i dont really trust any where insurance companies send you though, i think they do them as they get a good deal rather than a good repair. ones mrs dave went to was a main ford dealer and if i hadnt had inspected the repair to the back of her car all it wold have was a new badly fitted bumper. they hadn't repaired any of the damaged bodywork behind the bumper.

i would go have a chat to glyn hopkings and see if there chadwell heath branch have a body shop, an if they do ask if they would send your car there and do you a loan car too

Is that the one near parkway?? I have just spoken to AMC and they've quoted me £1,558 to repair they seem desparate because i've asked them to do my back bumper at the same time so he keeps lowering the price of that to get me to go by them!!

is what the one the chelmsford glyn hopkings? i dunno the road name satnav takes me there :eek: its on a corner an got nissans too

Yeah may try that one been there once before there bodyshop is up the road from them. Only thing i didnt like about them is they take forever to tell you there quote they take it away add it all up and send it to you in a letter took about 2 weeks last time. AMC have always told me straight away

AMC PMSL!!!! they lost fiat franchise because of rep lol..... call sollis but bare in mind IMO let insurers sort as any probs they have to sort if u go where u want insurers will say ****** u wanted them u sort it!

Back