General What have i done?

Currently reading:
General What have i done?

Jackoh

What have i done here then.. Looking for the gearbox oil filler i have poured about 100ml of gearbox oil into this hole, stopping shortly after it came spilling from the bottom of the car? What have i just poured oil into? Clutch?

P120708_1552.jpg

Cheers, and can someone point me in the direction (from this photo) of the actual gearbox filler, cheers.

Will the car die if i drive it after ive done this? oh and its an 899, cheers

Last edited:
very slippy. i'd try and burn it off.

put the car in 4th, rev to about 4000rpm and slowly bring the clutch up. let it slip, hopefiully it'll burn the oil off as it heats up.

NIce one lads, any idea where to top the gearbox up then

put the car in 4th, rev to about 4000rpm and slowly bring the clutch up
before that I would rev the ****** out the engine while out of gear! hopefully the oil will not of got onto the friction surface. so reving its nuts off will fling 90% of the oil off.

on the positive note, At least he knows hes thrust bearing it well lubed :)

Last edited:
Alright lads, looks like i got away with it :p driving nicely and the 'box feels much better. Thanks for everyones help throughout!!

Thats the funniest thing I have seen in weeks or months :D (y) Cheers for putting a smile on my face :D

If you ever have any doubts just post it up on here...theres loads of help advice floating about to save doing something silly.

Should be ok, i'd imagine, just a bit of petrol, isopropynol, engine degresant down there while its ticking over, should clean all of the remaing oil off (y)

Kristian

Last edited:
HAHA yea I had to laugh at the time after me and a mate looked at each other knowing exactly what i just did, classic moment.

Ah well I hope this thread lives on as a lesson for tool's like me :D

Should be ok, i'd imagine, just a bit of petrol, isopropynol, engine degresant down there while its ticking over, should clean all of the remaing oil off (y)

Kristian

Noticing a little slip in 3rd when really booting it.. is the above a good idea? what would be the best option out of the ones listed?

Thanks alot!

I'd be inclined to see if it goes away over a few days.

If it doesn't, with the car outside, get someone to hold the clutch down and use a little carb cleaner between the flywheel and the pressure plate.

I say a little, as there's a real risk of degreasing the thrust bearing, which won't live for long in that condition.

Be a bit careful, as just about all solvents are potentially explosive.:eek:

Yeah fair play, i guess i will just let it wear itself away! thanks alot

Back