What engine should i put in my baby.

Currently reading:

• Total voters
Well after thinking long and hard about getting rid of my baby after the engine went *splutter, cough, splutter, knock, knock .................. die* ive decided to keep her and replace the engine.

But here's the hard bit

What do i replace it with :confused:

Kev (hubby) is a mechanic so labour isn't a problem :worship: :p

Give me your opinions please cos i can't make my mind up between PHISSSSHHHHH or VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :devil:

well you have the that or the lancia but really depending on work required theres plenty.
if your happy with a non fiat unit then theres tons of vauxhall 2 litre turbo units out there as well as ford plus more.
the vaux turbo has been fitted to plenty novas so should fit in the punto bay but your into custom mounts etc

beau said:
dont just a non turbo 2 litre imo, no point really!

get a coupe 16v turbo engine :slayer:

Non turbo 2 litre engines have a lot of point. They're good on corners.

You don't want a 2.0 lump in the front. The weight will upset the handling of a light car. Try a 1.8 turbo if you are determined to have more power than a standard GT.

16v - 4 pot
20v - 5 pot

Both have 4 valves per cylinder. Both come with a turbo attached, only the 4 pot will fit in the punto realistically.

Why not just a GT head mated to a 1.6 bottem end, tuned up? All the money you would waste on getting a 200bhp engine in there would easily take a 1.6 turbo up to that spec. With a LOT less weight.

(I know that you could then tune the 2.0 to 250+ bhp, but even mechanics dont have bottemless pockets)

Hellcat said:
Non turbo 2 litre engines have a lot of point. They're good on corners.

You don't want a 2.0 lump in the front. The weight will upset the handling of a light car. Try a 1.8 turbo if you are determined to have more power than a standard GT.

:yeahthat: .
Why not the 1.4GT engine wicked little thing,pretty eco aswell.

Last edited:
Back