General what does the city button do?

Currently reading:
General what does the city button do?

City mode still doesnt work. But looks like i have find issue - using multiecuscan with green cable (1of4 received today) i manage to connect to steering system. There wasnt any fault codes stored - so that`s why red 3-spoke steering wheel warning light didnt come up. But doing tests with Parameter tab there was 0.0 reading value for Rotation angle sensor! No changes spinning wheel from one side to another. So im not sure does sensor is faulty or there is some another reason why it can`t read steering wheel movement?!?!?!?

city light is on? tried changing pas motor?
city light comes on in dash but no changes during actual driving, i dont think that pas motor would be faulty since power steering works. didnt touch nothing without proper diagnostics, now MES test done and it didnt show any fault codes. but i notice that steering angle sensor doesnt change its value/readings if i turn steering wheel

The city button not only lightens the steering wheel, it effects the engine too.

I can't remember exactly how it works but it lets the car crawl forward without using the accelerator, just using the clutch, and the car doesn't struggle.

Only, make sure you only use it when needed as it wears out the already dodgy
electric steering motor.

Also as a side note: the effects of the city button automatically cut off after 28mph even if the dash light is still on.
Green light still on

Attachments

• IMG_9889.JPG
    IMG_9889.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
Back