General what does the "city" button actually do?

Currently reading:
General what does the "city" button actually do?

samperry209

what does the city button actually do.... does it improve driving through the city because obviously your crawling at low speeds... my mum just drove with the city button on and she said it drives like a dream... so does this city button actually do anything major?

the punto has electronic steering, there is a motor on the steering collum bellow the steering wheel, as you turn the wheel, the motor also turns it aswell making away driving effort, as you press the city button, the motor works harder taking more driver effort away making the steering very easy and light, making it better for driving it bust citys and tight parking etc

sam

but the city button is handy to have because some of those ncp parking spaces.... jesus... city button is helpful

Last edited:
ive never ever had a problem parking power steering or not .. let alone with a city button .. why would you need it try driving a non PAS car after getting used to that .. you'll die

ive never ever had a problem parking power steering or not .. let alone with a city button .. why would you need it try driving a non PAS car after getting used to that .. you'll die
i cant imagine the strain a car puts on you without power steering then changing to a car tht has pas lol

i started in 106 without .. then got a punto without then got a punto with OMFG it was lovely and smooth and easy .. crashed it .. got in a mate the other day to got to the shop and my god its worse than i remember .. i got out of it after driving for 30 mins with dead arms .. so i couldn't imagine you making it lighter getting used to it then trying without !! also i have been told that the power steering motor dies if you use the city button toooo much so imagine you get used to it with city on all the time then you get nothing at all other than heavier than nbormal steering coz the dead motor is causing friction +++ i was alos told that it around £800 to have the motor fixed !! now thats whta a local garage quoted i dont know if they were on the rip off or not!

Back