What does Everyone think about changing my car?

Currently reading:
What does Everyone think about changing my car?

johnlad27

Powered By Bass!
Hi everyone.

I recently went to have a look at a Vauxhall Corsa VXR racing edition, £200 a month and insurance is £1900 per year for a 21year old with 3 years no claims.

I drove the car ans it was amazing, one of the best drives ive driven, but the only thing putting me off is insurance.

So had a look at fiesta zetec S celebration edition, in red,yellow or green. All black bits on, wheels, roof etc. Can get one of them for £75 per month and trade mine in aswell, been offered £2500-£3000 for mine. So would only have to fianace £3000 maximum.

OR wait till next year and insurance on a vxr will have come down again?.

All advice taken.
thanks
john

Last edited:
Nah dont want another fiat or abarth. sick of them

Thinking of getting one of these:

lada.jpg

or

vlcsnap-00008.jpg

Since they corner so well

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the VXR does look nice but I reckon it's got too much grunt at times, I keep level with them on the straights and I gallop away through the corners in my Coupe I actually feel embarrassed for the guys half the time.

this is also my dilema, i wanted a VXR for some time until i read up about the piston 4 problem and then decided they are a bit 'chavvy' so went off them, fords i decided the interiors are so dull and boring, my mate has a clio sport, hasnt had it long but already wants to change as the interior looks a bit strange and is quite a small car. im still looking for another car but its near impossible, a golf gti seems to be the safest option for me with cheap insurance and general good build quality but just so common!

why is it so hard to find a car to suit!? (n)

this is also my dilema, i wanted a VXR for some time until i read up about the piston 4 problem and then decided they are a bit 'chavvy' so went off them, fords i decided the interiors are so dull and boring, my mate has a clio sport, hasnt had it long but already wants to change as the interior looks a bit strange and is quite a small car. im still looking for another car but its near impossible, a golf gti seems to be the safest option for me with cheap insurance and general good build quality but just so common!

why is it so hard to find a car to suit!? (n)

We are in exactly the same boat, except I would 100% get a gti if I could afford to insure one!
And I have a nice, fairly powerful car that I take out for a drive when I start fretting about a new one :p

Thanks Andy for the Pictures. All seriousness i think i might wait one more year and see where i am in a year. Renault's in terms of interior is like being sat inside a cardboard box, they are so plain. All their attention went on the engine and exterior looks. Ford was a cheaper option , but maybe if i go a fiesta it would be because of changing sake rather than sticking with what ive got for now. The racing edition of the vxr is unbelievable, those full leather recaro's are so comfy and make you feel secure, like others have said im in a real dilemma. Dont want a fiat or abarth because ive had enough of them, change is needed for me personally and an alfa is just the same tbh. Do i just modify mine a little, maybe make it a little more 'sporting'.. or save the money up and wait?.

Guys this is a fiat forum...we are talking about a chavved up corsa, fiesta zetec and renault clio sport???
I would buy any abarth model as they are more "prestige" or i would take an alfa mito cloverleaf as the giulietta is a bit too dear... cant beleive that someone would dump or not consider alfa/fiat/abarth cars to jump on a vxr, zetec or renault sport models! Shocking! !

go and test drive a clio 197, youll soon see past the plasticy interior with the handling on those things

Ah, how times have changed. Back in the day a set of wheels (any cheap car) was the business, freedom if you like. Any modern day car will fit the bill for every taste. It's like food nowadays, each to their own & all that. At the end of the day it's your choice no body else's. Forget any advise that others give, hey for that matter forget mine.....Beef up man....your choice.

I had a Corsa for a month or so last year (jan 2011) it wasn't a VXR it was a lesser model, I really couldn't wait to give it back everything about it felt cheap buttons dash seats etc etc, nothing felt nice to use the layout was poor and there didn't seem to be any quality anywhere in the car. In adition to which it was very thirsty for such a small engined car. Years ago we had a 1994 Corsa (wife's car) and I would go as far too say those older vauxhalls where not only better built the engine was more economical and the handling was better (even with no power steering)

I would hold off if I were you, if you're not in a hurry to change. Save some money, build your NCD etc, avoid modifying yours is standard you stand a very good chance of devaluing your car, and use the time to try out different cars and see how they compare.

Guys this is a fiat forum...we are talking about a chavved up corsa, fiesta zetec and renault clio sport???
I would buy any abarth model as they are more "prestige" or i would take an alfa mito cloverleaf as the giulietta is a bit too dear... cant beleive that someone would dump or not consider alfa/fiat/abarth cars to jump on a vxr, zetec or renault sport models! Shocking! !

why buy an abarth model, ive never understood the point yeah they are quite nice but you can turn a T-Jet into one fairly simply, I dont think many members on here would go for another italian car after a fiat, im guessing youve never had many problems with fiats then, fair enough a good reasonably priced car for what it is but it does fall apart quite often here and there. (n)

i'd say all 3 cars mentioned are a fair bit better in places than a GP and I shouldnt think im the only one to think that

Back