Styling What do you think?

Currently reading:
Styling What do you think?

wi11

Uno no longer with us!
What do you think of this? - Not bad for standard?
I have clear indicators and repeaters coming soon and hopefully putting the stripe around the bumper like the turbo and thats about all i am going to do!

Let me know,

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    991.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I know it sounds daft - but i dont want to modify it unless i go all out and give it a turbo conversion!

The tyres are really skinny and the suspension is very high especially at the back - makes interesting driving on roundabouts!!

The wing mirrors and the triangular panel where they meet the body i sprayed myself (also the triangular panel inside that you can't see!)

Also did you notice the door handles? Exactly red! Easy to do and put a smile on my face everytime i get in!!

Also the wheel trims are original kind of proud that they have no scratches on them (Gave them a spray as well!!) also that they have not been pinched but i guess thats down to having to undo three wheel nuts first!!

Thanks for the compliments i see two year old car that arn't as shiny!! I kind of want to start my own valeting business but funds are low on the ground at the moment!!

PS. Adding cable boot release and tachometer this weekend! (Any advice)

Hey Will
Good job it looks like a pic from an original brochure.
If you were not so far away I would pay 4u to valet my car, of course only when the hose pipe ban ends which should be soon given the flash floods we had today in SE London.
pete

That is so clean! Hats off to you Will for making your Uno look better than many cars half its age :slayer:

wi11 said:
PS. Adding cable boot release and tachometer this weekend! (Any advice)

Yes, both have been covered many times in other threads in the Uno section. Do a search for 'tachometer' and 'remote boot release' and you should find some useful information (y)

P.S. Both are really easy to do if you're using standard Fiat parts. Are you swapping in a dashboard from an SX that has the tachometer?

I am using the genuine FIAT parts for the boot release but an aftermarket Tacho - Right handside green wire on the coil/ignition in the engine bay on the passenger side?

One question i can't answer is where does the lever fit by the driver's seat?!

Is it on the right or left hand side? Will it be cover by carpet in my uno base model?

Cheers for your comments!

(No hose pipe ban here!!) Although a few years back i had to wash my car in the garage!!!

Done my Tacho!!

Had to burn some brain cells though with my multi meter - really pleased with it!!

I will post some RPM V's Speed and Gear for 999cc FIRE soon,

Still have my Boot Cable to do yet!

Anyone know where abouts the lever goes in the cab (I can make the rest up as i go along!!)

Fits into a rectangular slot just to the right of the driver's seat, on the cross-member. You will probably have to cut the carpet, carefully... Be aware that Mk1 and Mk2 are slightly different. With a little fettling you can make the Mk2 lever fit the Mk1, not sure about the other way around.

Good work with the tachometer!

At least someone round here's getting work done on their Uno... seems very quiet on the forum lately and too cold in my garage to get anything done (spend too long at work anyways)

-Alex

alexGS said:
At least someone round here's getting work done on their Uno... seems very quiet on the forum lately and too cold in my garage to get anything done (spend too long at work anyways)-Alex

I've been working on my Uno, I've spent most spare evening out on the car. I've just been saving the updates and pictures until I'm happy to reveal :D

Since getting the Uno I've been surprised at how many you see on the road. I've only seen 1 mk1 and most are late mk2s. The others have probably rusted away. The only mk1 I've seen happens to be down my road, E reg I think and in a pale flat blue colour. I had thought about asking if the person wanted to part with it :D

I've not been working on my Uno because I'm in the middle of exams and finishing my college course :cry:

Still driving it though!

Also, I've just bought a Punto for very little, and when I come back from my summer travels I'll be working on getting that back on the road. I could do with something more modern that's also easier to get parts, for when I start University in January.

Don't worry, I'm keeping the Uno! I have a feeling the Punto will feel a bit sterile to drive in comparison, and as it's a Punto 75 model it has the 75 bhp 1242 FIRE engine. That engine will slot into the Uno no problem, and the injection system might not be too difficult to hook up. Tempting...

I have plans for the Uno too, and loads of parts I want to fit to it. So what I'm planning is to put the Punto on the road and take the Uno off it. Then I can work on the Uno without restriction, and if I don't like the Punto I'll pull its engine out and uprate the Uno :devil:

As for the numbers of Unos left on the road, there's a surprising number of mk1's floating around considering their age, some in nice condition too. It seems that the later mk1's are better rust proofed than the earlier models (pre '86), and I've seen some very tidy ones still trundling about though they are becoming a rarity.

Have definitely seen more mk2's, though strangely the early mk2's (89 - 91) seem to rust far worse than late mk1's! Later mk2's seem to fare much better, and I've seen some nice examples on 'K' and 'L' plates.

My mk1 is now over 20 years old and still runs fine. Needs a little work on it to bring it up to scratch, but as mentioned that's what I hope to do when I have free time in the autumn.

Can't wait to see pictures of your mk1 Pottleflump! And you'll have to bring it to the ACE Cafe meet sometime, though it looks like I won't be going to another one until November now as I'll be out of the country...

Done the boot cable - how did i ever live without one!

Only took me 20 min!! Did't need to hold the cable along its entie lenght either which pleased me!!

Thanks for your help!!

Back