General What do you think your b is worth?

Currently reading:
General What do you think your b is worth?

Don't be silly,thats my 5 year old daughter.I am a lot shorter than her.Paul

thought I'd got ripped off at £2,000 for my 99 B but being 1 of only 2 on the island (still havn't seen the other one)... :( thought what the hell!! Just didn't want to end up buying a white toyota like 30% of the cars here and couldn't afford a porshe cayenne, 911, merc, bmw or ferrari or the large 4 wheel drive jeeps like the other 60% drive.... and the guy that bought my lotus from me when i left wouldn't sell it back:( the B was my next choice... I like to be different.. even though theres no dealers here so spares are a pain in the ****...:bang:

and other than a few quirks I quite like her.... spares are way cheaper..... excluding hood seals.. but i've not finished on that one yet :D I will find an alternate supply... I will not pay £50 when even lotus only charge £30 for the same small seal !!

She may be slow but i'm sure she does it just to show off her curves :D:D:D!

Sorry, re read what I wrote... sounds like I'm saying bad things about my b... I'm not meaning it that way..... She is a great car.... unique! especially for here....

Yep she sticks out like a bishop in a swimming pool... But i wouldn't have bought her if she didn't!! (1 of 2 on an island of 500,000 aint bad... (unless you need spares...) I've only needed preventevive maintanence....
the lotus on the other hand cost a friggin fortune..... LOTUS... lots of troubble usually serious ... is no mistake!! like the B was unique to bahrain... pain in the bum but you just have to love it for it.... no idea what kind of BHP is normal for a b. the old Elan was 1.6 litre 165bhp standard ... with a few mods you got much more of a kick from the turbo... as I heard said before not just a project but a way of life...... Got to know some really great people on this forum because of her.... till a few months ago I never thought i'd buy a a fiat....... Now i am the very proud owner a a black 99 barchetta (the worst colour possible for here.... but I love her to bits...:)

I'm starting to think I got quite a good deal on mine after reading this thread. Was Just under 7000 for 04 Mk2, with 24k miles plus a hard top included (it did nearly fry me but thats another story!). I was quoted that by DTR for a similar car but they wanted around an extra 1.5k for the top.

Shel

Back