What Do You Keep In Your Car?

Currently reading:
What Do You Keep In Your Car?

Out of curiosity - what spare stuff do people keep in their cars? I've seen friends carry anything from nothing to essentially a rolling garage!

My car generally contains a basic tool kit (enough to do a reasonable amount of minor repairs), cable ties and electrical tape, a load of spare fuses, a mini first aid kit (that I picked up for the bargain price of £0 :D) and if I'm going on a long drive a spare bottle of washer fluid.

The tool kit is seldom used anywhere but on my driveway, but it means that a) the tools are there if I ever need them elsewhere and b) I don't have to keep going between the car and the garage when I'm working.

So what's in your car?

paracetamol, emergency phone, microfibre cloth and USB phone charger.

In the spare wheel well there are some gloves, some WD-40 and a multi-tool.

edit; oh yeah, a first aid kit and two fire extinguishers too.

Last edited:
As well as the stuff that comes with the car. Spare, jack, wheel brace, double ended screw driver etc....

Summer;

Screw driver, WD40, Duct-Tape, high viz, puncture foam thing, condoms, basic first aid kit and CPR face shield, foil blanket, bottle of drinking water, bottle of water for the car, pork scratchings (salt to treat Sunstroke), Epipen, torch, disposable vinyl gloves and two cameras.

Winter;

As above plus, woolen blanket, change of clothes, pair of boots, folding shovel, high viz jacket, thinsulate style gloves, full petrol can, rope, more extensive first aid kit and some muesli bars.

Last edited:
Spare wheel, locking nut, Wheel Bolt wrench, jack and handle, double ended screwdriver, 2 torches, a comprehensive first aid kit, hi vis, foil blanket, tow rope, jump leads, 2 ice scrapers, demisting pad, a roll of duct tape, leccy tape and usually have a bottle of water in there

+can of deicer in the winter :)

As well as the stuff that comes with the car. Spare, jack, wheel brace, double ended screw driver etc....

Summer;

Screw driver, WD40, Duct-Tape, high viz, puncture foam thing, condoms, basic first aid kit and CPR face shield, foil blanket, bottle of drinking water, bottle of water for the car, pork scratchings (salt to treat Sunstroke), Epipen, torch, disposable vinyl gloves and two cameras.

Winter;

As above plus, woolen blanket, change of clothes, pair of boots, folding shovel, high viz jacket, thinsulate style gloves, full petrol can, rope, more extensive first aid kit and some muesli bars.

Sounds like a good night out ;)

Good ideas, I'm gonna have to add some of those to my car. Reading through reminded me of a few other bits I forgot from mine - road map of my area, torch, bottle of drinking water, high-viz, paracetamol and business cards.

My goodness you lot are prepared! Were you all boy scouts? I have a pen, a few cds for when I get bored of whats on my iphone and a some bungee elastic in the boot.

A snow brush, a Mario Kart sun visor and ..... I actually don't know, I only open the boot to put shopping in and thats not very often. i think i might have some brake fluid and a bottle of oil, i really can't remember ?

Good god where do i start...

High vis coats,,,,

High vis vests......

spare boots + socks...

Tool kit.....

Car spares.. fuses bulbs... oil.. fix and go flat kit jublee clips cable ties etc .. .....

tow strop and shackles....

jump leads......

Fire extinguisher..

First aid kit....

folding shovel....

breaker bar...

Warning triangle..

Amber strobe light unit

i really need a sort out :eek:

People are really prepared on here. At the moment I have a load of sweets and about 20 cans of coke in the boot, music, aftershave, different jackets for each day and some loose change. Think i would rely to much on the recovery services if I broke down. I don't even have a spare wheel or jack!

Back