What do you guys think about this?

Currently reading:
What do you guys think about this?

Yep, you need pressure to get any kind of power improvement, but added air is no use without added fuel - it may just run weaker.
My cinq turbo runs 4.4 psi boost right up to the rev limiter, I doubt this fan can produce the volume of air needed to make any noticeable difference. Maybe that's why everyone else uses direct / chain / belt drive for superchargers - the efort you need to put in to get a decent pressure out is quite high.

Pete.
1242cc cinq,turbo cinq,Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group,Clubcento

Originally posted by fixitagaintomorrow
Maybe that's why everyone else uses direct / chain / belt drive for superchargers - the efort you need to put in to get a decent pressure out is quite high.

That's the beauty of the true turbo, though, recirculating otherwise wasted product to spin the fan to create the pressure needed to force additional (preferably cooled) air into the intake. This little gadget seems to be trying to replace the exhaust gas-sourced pressure of a regular turbo with the engine's electrical power - and not very successfully.

Not a square wheel in concept, but certainly no better than octagonal.

Its like a uni design project tbh, can't believe it has made it too production with such obvious inherent problems.

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

an electronic charger hmm sounds interesting turbo its not, cant see it working very well as it would have to be phased with throttle and i cant see anything on it that will do that ie:- computer controled... a one high speed fan would cause too much air to be rammed into the throttle body at low speed, the engineering dosnt seem to add up i think its a waste of money and a gimmick to make fancy noises like real turbos do but just the noise

1.6 elx 16v my baby

Back