General What did you do with your Panda today?

Currently reading:
General What did you do with your Panda today?

We've had one of those irritating periods where we've had hot, dry weather with periods of showers come through. This means the poor girl's filthy, not nice filthy but brown and black spots all over her. Looks like she's caught some horrid disease. So once I've hit 'submit reply', I'm heading out to give her a nice bath (y)

Tomorrow it'll be a breakfast run with my local Fiat club - basically, we meet, go for a drive into the Adelaide hills, and end at an establishment that sells food so we can relax and tell Fiat inspired lies. :D

That sounds like fun, at least the meet with the local Fiat club part :) (all though I don't mind giving my car a bath every once in a while)

We are experiencing one of those periods over here as well. Only differance is that it's nasty and cold with the added bonus of road salt :(
I did clean my old 15" alloys and put them in the garage but it's to cold to clean the car and also I would rather wait till the salt on the roads has disappeared.

Today I drove from Southend to Harlow, where we had snow. Tomorrow I'll be teaching in the car. (I'm a driving instructor - and my 14 plate Twin air is my tuition vehicle). 20,000 miles. Still going strong.

Today I drove from Southend to Harlow, where we had snow. Tomorrow I'll be teaching in the car. (I'm a driving instructor - and my 14 plate Twin air is my tuition vehicle). 20,000 miles. Still going strong.

How does she go as a learner's vehicle? My daughter turns 16 next year and, although she'll be getting some professional lessons, the laws here require about a millenium of hours at the wheel, effectively turning the learner into the family chauffeur for many months so she'll be at the wheel of my Panda.

Fantastic car for learners. Great visibility, small enough for all manoeuvres, roomy enough for tests inside where there may be more people in the car. Plus, I think a fairly easy car to pick up driving in with a good clutch feel, great gearstick position, light simple steering. Big door mirrors are always a plus too!

Fantastic car for learners. Great visibility, small enough for all manoeuvres, roomy enough for tests inside where there may be more people in the car. Plus, I think a fairly easy car to pick up driving in with a good clutch feel, great gearstick position, light simple steering. Big door mirrors are always a plus too!

Thanks, that's all what I thought, though I feel the door mirrors are a big trap, there's just no way of knowing how far back that car is - I work on the principal that I need to be able to see something in the inside rear mirror before believing it's behind me but that's adding a layer of complexity a new learner doesn't need. I will, of course, be teaching her to do head checks, as a cyclist, motor-cyclist (ex instructor to boot), I'm very sensitive to head checks.

Took my car for its first service today,made the mistake of waiting for it.The showroom was full of 500s.Really miss my old 500 twin air plus.Cut a long story short think the panda will be replaced by a abarth 595.

"What did you do with your Panda today?"

Trip to the cemetery as it's nearly Mother's Day. Obviously lots of other people had the same idea.

The cemetery ... a place of peacefulness and quiet contemplation but also a place with very narrow lanes.

3 point turn required.

HAAAAAAWNK!!!, HOOOOOOONK!!!, WAAAAAAANK!!!!

Comedy gold :)

Sincere apologies if I ruined your moment of respectful reflection.

Thankfully booked in Monday for the brake noise fix.

M

Last edited:
"What did you do with your Panda today?"

Trip to the cemetery as it's nearly Mother's Day. Obviously lots of other people had the same idea.

The cemetery ... a place of peacefulness and quiet contemplation but also a place with very narrow lanes.

3 point turn required.

HAAAAAAWNK!!!, HOOOOOOONK!!!, WAAAAAAANK!!!!

Comedy gold :)

Sincere apologies if I ruined your moment of respectful reflection.

Thankfully booked in Monday for the brake noise fix.

M

MickG - I had the brake 'fix' (weighted calliper mounting bolts) fitted on Friday...no more honking, but ask me in 4000miles, which is how long it took for the calipers to fill with dust and start doing it, last time. Only then will I be convinced the somewhat Heath Robinson solution is genuinely a fix after all! I have a 'Mr.Bean'-style vision of your cemetery 3-point turn running through my head...!

I looked at it :D
Today was taken up with getting my Granada MoT'd.

I looked at it :D
Today was taken up with getting my Granada MoT'd.

Oh sorry. I just misread your post as "Today was taken up with getting my Grandad MoT'd".

I just washed and waxed my Panda 4x4 after a pretty crappy winter made a mess of the bodywork, cladding and just about everything.

But today, I drove it to Colchester Zoo and back, and watched 1000 miles come up on the clock.
Which is a bit of a concern, as I'm only supposed to do 6000 a year, and I've not had it a month yet... :eek:

But today, I drove it to Colchester Zoo and back, and watched 1000 miles come up on the clock.
Which is a bit of a concern, as I'm only supposed to do 6000 a year, and I've not had it a month yet... :eek:

Is "addictive" the word you're looking for? Aching to jump in the Panda and hoof it up the road must be a far worse affliction than smoking, drinking or the other things that folk get up to in their spare time. :)

Loving my little Panda. :D (y)

Seeing we're bragging, I've done 5,000km since I got mine in Dec.

They didn't sell many here, but I've seen three. Mind you, two of them were black so I might have seen one of them twice :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back