General What can i take out of the car thats unnecasary?

Currently reading:
General What can i take out of the car thats unnecasary?

hm wont risk driving without spare wheel and some basic tools, i want my stereo with 6x9s in parcel shelf and loads of air freshners and flashlight and air horn and electric windows and central locking and also want all seats inside :eek: (all this weight something)

but if u want go this way throw everything out except dashboard and drivers seat, make sideexhaust, remove rear wiper.... :D

Well there is plenty - I add approx 12% to the cars kerb weight :eek:

Anyone tried doing alluminium body panels like wings and bonnet?

You could do the bonnet and tail gate in glass fibre, but you would need a large dry garage/lockup. This would allow a nice air bleed in the bonnet, and an integrated spoiler for the tail gate.

My front bumper is way too low already...

Noel

Stripping out the Cinq of all but the dash and front seats with a bracing bar across the rear saves about 30kg or 3.5% to 4%, which is what £100 to £150 worth of power increase compared to a sports exhaust.

Well there is plenty - I add approx 12% to the cars kerb weight :eek:

Anyone tried doing alluminium body panels like wings and bonnet?

I've got the doors, bonnet, hatch/boot off mine at the moment. I'll be commencing the metal surgery to lighten them very shortly. I'll post back with pics when its done so you can see what I took out and how much weight was saved.

The bonnet hinges and catches alone are heavy. I've pulled them and I'm using 4 x bonnet pins instead. Stainless steel ones OMP pins were something like 4 quid, or 6 quid maybe? Cheap at any rate.

You need some of this:

DSCN4647.jpg

wilwood bells and rotors.jpg

That will help reduce unsprung mass

DSCN4621.jpg

A nice lightweight racing battery

DSCN4662.JPG
And a nice carbon seat, not as light as my magnums, but its alot comfier.

Carnt wait to get all these bits fitted, Ill be making a few fibreglass pannels and no dash, just a digidash or similar, maybe a couple of other gauges

You need some of this

Are they the powerlite or midilite calipers? Have you found a bracket or are you fabricating some/having some fabricated?

Carnt wait to get all these bits fitted, Ill be making a few fibreglass pannels and no dash, just a digidash or similar, maybe a couple of other gauges

Curious, what dash are you thinking of? I'm seriously tempted by the Race Technologies dash-2. It works brilliantly with the DL1 data logger.

Was at a sprint on Sunday. First event of the new season and load of drivers there talking about all the modifications they'd done over the winter to make the car faster.

Most of them not strangers to many many pies.

Cheers

SPD

Last edited:
Were they the drivers then? i thought these things run as a team. Some one preps the car/keeps it going. Some skinny youth hurtles it around a course?

Nup, I'm talking about serious racing cars being driven by guys who need a crow bar to get their carcasses out of the super slim fit race seats.

£16K on a bike engined, flappy paddle gear change 7 alike, and probably 16 stone too.

Cheers

SPD

Back