General what can i get for £1500

Currently reading:
General what can i get for £1500

raptor

Riding 7cm of the deck
My GF loves my punto and now has saved up 1500 for her own, however she has decided to go for either a cinq or a sei!

what do you guys reckon she can get for 1500, her old car was an E reg nissan sunny in gold that has recently bought the rust so anything is an upgrade, she wants best buck for the money and is not into 'this whole modifying thing' :)nutter:)
she'll still end up with a new head unit i bet though!

so really all i'm asking (as i know little about the cinq adn the sei) is what can she get for £1500 (max)?

thanks in advance :worship: ....

...... and you might see me in this section a bit more soon! :)

Josh

You can get a cracking Cinq for half of that, and you can get a good condition SPi Sei easy with your budget :)

I recommend test driving them both, there are pros and cons to both and asking us to pick which is the best leads to arguements amongst us :D

But chaos has it nailed to a tea really (y)

bearing in mind we are both trainee teachers, we need a bit of boot space - how does the cinq compare to the sei?

dave said:
make her get a punto if that what she saved for :(
tell her if she gets a cento she will have to hang around with the cento lot and they are all totaly mad :eek:

well she is on my insurance (may my NCB rest in peace) and likes the punto but she wants a nippy little number for her own and has seen a couple of cinq's she likes (in black - she has a good taste for colour of cars).

i have heard of, but not witnessed the madness that comes from owning a cinq/ sei but she has taken a liking to their habits and wishes to join :cry:

i guess the benefit of making her get a punto is that if she can get a 75 or an sx model i can nick all the bits to put on my 60s (hmmm 75 cams.....)

dave said:
there the same

oh dear - i got a new sei as a hire car once and i couldn't fit me guiatr in the boot - not looking good for the sei/ cinq now :(

its the industry standard punsihment cane we are all kitted out with it is off a fair old length... :p

oh and dave - my spelling ain't much better thats why a very smart company developed the smartboard!!! english goes down the pan when you think and write at the same time :p

Last edited:
raptor said:
bearing in mind we are both trainee teachers, we need a bit of boot space - how does the cinq compare to the sei?

The same really..

But why prey, would a trainee teacher need bootspace? When I was at school the head of geography fitted everything he needed into the back of a Cinq Sporting!

Its a 2 person car at best IMO...use the rear seats to store stuff!!:D

raptor said:
i have heard of, but not witnessed the madness that comes from owning a cinq/ sei but she has taken a liking to their habits and wishes to join :cry:

Madness? What's that? Isn't incoherent muttering to yourself a totally normal thing? :confused:

unfortuantly we are traiing to be primary school teachers and have a shed load of stuff to carry around

arseofbox - appraently she doesn't like having things on the back seat in case of a crash (how typically female lol)

chaos said:
Madness? What's that? Isn't incoherent muttering to yourself a totally normal thing? :confused:

lol, the muttering is caused by government satelites trying to tell you not to smoke, gamble, drink, drive irresponsibly, live, refuse to give your dna to a database.....

ask 'blingbling' from bumfights.com he has the explanation right after having a go on his crack pipe

raptor said:
unfortuantly we are traiing to be primary school teachers and have a shed load of stuff to carry around

arseofbox - appraently she doesn't like having things on the back seat in case of a crash (how typically female lol)

Ah I see...

Fair enough on the crashworthiness thing, a mate of mine just had his back thown out by a set of manifolded twin 7L scuba cylinders that were on the back seat of his car when he put it into the side of another one on the motorway @ 70mph..

The sei has a split folding rear seat so you could only fold one rear seat down if you require a bit more space, the cinq does not have this facility and you would have to take the whole back seat down

thats worth bearing in mind, thanks guys for the info, i think i have more than enough to interogate her with to see what really she wants

her criteria was : small, nippy and black (now thats a quote) something the punto, sei and cinq all offer (as well as i have worked on a couple of fiats now so maintenance should be easier) so i think it is gonna come to the niggly bits such as space, safety, places to store make up, can her straighteners plug into the dash... will let you know how we get on!
the great thing she said to me is that she doesn't want a corsa cos they look terrible - i'm beginning to like this girl more and more :D

media
- hmm won't show as an image so you'll just have move that index finger!

98 sporting, 28k, e -windows, sunroof, alloy's £995 - makes me want to ditch my punto - although it sonly a 1.1 fire in the sei i guess.....

Back