General What brought you.....

Currently reading:
General What brought you.....

Hi all, newbie here, came across you via google, whilst looking for some info on replacing the rear plastic windscreen. Have some questions about repairs etc, can you enlighten me as to where I should ask them on the site.

Soody

Hi all, newbie here, came across you via google, whilst looking for some info on replacing the rear plastic windscreen. Have some questions about repairs etc, can you enlighten me as to where I should ask them on the site.

Soody

Hi Soody, welcome to the forum (y)

Feel free to post in the main section of the Barchetta section, I am sure you will get lots of responses. If its a common problem that you are looking for answers to do a quick search, there is lots of info in here if you dig around........

At this point it is traditional to tell us all a bit about your car, age, colour, modifications etc and a piccie or two never go amiss! ;)

Cheers little Red B. Photo uploaded. Have a little black number, which I have had from new in 96. Apart from the usual repairs (dents/scrapes/rear exhaust etc) the only mod was recently replacing the Fiat badged Grundig cassette player, which died. Now looking at dealing with dent in bonnet where some son of a Ba***rd reversed their caravan touring 4x4 then drove off without leaving details.....

Hi Soody a very warm welcome...

Sorry to hear of your woes, was there any CCtv in the area? Most digital systems are on a month cycle so you have a month to track the son of a B down.

As lrb says post away but do have a search first to see if what you need has already been covered.....

Photo was taken a good few years ago, before all the dents and scrapes occured. Used to have a company Beemer as well, so the B was parked up in the garage for the 6 months over winter. Now it gets a lot more use and is exposed to morons in car parks etc. Actually a bit embarrassing to admit that I don't have a smarter more up to date photo as I am a photographer by trade, and do sports stuff as well!

Last edited:
Found the owners club, which did have some info. Then, a month or two later I did a scroogle search and found some posts here.

My excuse is I saw a B advertised on a notice board just as I was coming to work here (again)... and thought thats the car for me (much to my g/f dissapointment) ...:)

So before I bought a car that is only 1 of a few in the country. and I had never heard of it before (but had seen a couple in europe) decided I needed more info.... so with a few yahoo searches I stumbled on this site... :D

I origionally had several reserves about buying another unknown car here through my last experiences....

But fell in love with the B the first time I saw it.....

I was impressed with the people on this site for answering all my questions and showing me where to get things and how to fix things...

I struggle with owning a b so far from europe but this site and the people on it has given me the confidence to make it worth while...

Thank you to you all :worship: :hug:

Found the forum via BT search engine, I was looking for it as I have recently bought a Barchetta as a replacement for my Frogeye Sprite. Chose the Barchetta for several reasons, mainly that I can get in and out of it easily (lhd scores bonus points due to bad right knee which stopped me getting in and out of the Sprite).

Found the forum via BT search engine, I was looking for it as I have recently bought a Barchetta as a replacement for my Frogeye Sprite. Chose the Barchetta for several reasons, mainly that I can get in and out of it easily (lhd scores bonus points due to bad right knee which stopped me getting in and out of the Sprite).
The Frogeye Sprite was always the car I wanted to have when I was a kid, just because of its cute little smiley face!
Welcome to the forum! Let us see some pictures of your car...
xS

Lots of research on Google and stumbled across the page(y)

I wanted something more comfortable than the Caterham, but still a bit different!

Collected it from DTR on Friday and drove it back here to France yesteday - rain all the way(n)

As soon as the sun comes out, I will take some piccies and post them

Glynn

It was great - the Barchetta is a really nice car and to be honest, I was very impressed with the ride and cruise abilities.

It's not going to win any traffic light grand prix's, but as a good sports tourer, it is fantastic.

Only problem now, is trying to get some decent weather to take the photo's!!

Back