What are they worth?

Currently reading:
What are they worth?

J

JB

Im looking to replace my 17" wheels with 16"'s.

If i were to sell my 17" Dezent type F wheels with tyres what could i get? The front nearside rim has a scuff on it, apart from that they are sound.

Also which 16" wheels do u recommend & which tyres?

Do you have a pic or a link to pic...i may be interested in 17's

Thanks
Kev

No pic, sorry. Ill try get this sorted if i can work out how to do it! Not v good with computors!

What are they worth

I give you fifteen dollars! how come you going to 16's?

Iceash

OZ alloys are really light. clearly you are downsizing to get better handling and ride comfort, so something light is a must. just dont put cheap £40 tyres on, or you'll still slide about.

I had heavy 17" wolfrace matrix with budget tyres (package deal efforts), and swapped for 16" Oz Superturismo GT (although superleggara would be just as nice, i knew Tom and someone else had those, so went for the newer/nicer superturismo GT, althogh the non-GT is almost the same)

Tyre-wise i chose Michelin Pilot Exalto 2's at £80 a corner. i've not suffered slippage in any weather yet, and they went on about Christmas, so the weather was pretty crap. The recommended tyre-size is 195/45/16, and thats been great for me, although if my car wasn't so low i'd have put 195/50/60 on for more comfort. there was a tiny risk that at near full lock or more if i hit a pothole, that they'd touch the inner liner. We tried to replicate that situation up on a ramp (which feels alot higher when you are stood on one bouncing a car!), and it didn't touch as far as we could see, but it was only a couple of mm out, so i swapped them for the 195/45

Also, i reckon that if your 17's are decent, and tyres are good, then you should get about £350 for them.

Buzz (formerly LightWarrior)
The champion of the Bravo 1.4

Thanks for your advice, you're right, im sacrificing some looks for better handling. Ive read alot on here about 16" being a good compromise.

Ill try get pics sorted.

JB, half of what you've read has been me, lol
i cant stop going on about how much better it was when i swapped for smaller rims and better tyres. i have used middle of the range firestone tyres at about 50 quid each and liked those too. wear rate is so far comparable to the michelins, although i've only done 5k on these michelins so far, so cant really say how long they'll last. think it was about 20k or more from the firestone tyres

Buzz (formerly LightWarrior)
The champion of the Bravo 1.4