What are they on about.

Currently reading:
What are they on about.

Earth

Or a scania? They can make a great sounding V8. Not that you'd care.

YouTube- scania v8 power portugal

2002%20Peugeot%20RC%20Diamonds%20concept=mx=.jpg

Guess you'd hate the idea of the Lambo Gallardo being released with a v10 diesil. VW had the idea to do so. Whooo scary Diesil! I don't want my petrol gone!

Grow up. Just because it doesn't sound right to you doesn't mean it doesn't work for others. Diesils have come along way since the clattery units of the fifties. Stop living in the past. The last one I know who tried to dis the diesil like this confessed to owning a tvr. A more polluting vehicle. A bit hipocritical.

Calm down! lol.

Diesels have their place! but the thing is a petrol engine is going to have a better power output than a diesel, assuming turbo/capacity is the same. also petrol engines are lighter, also more higher revving and having better use of power in most cases.

in a similar way, race cars in the US in particular, dragsters, indy cars, and monster trucks use ethanol, which is even more potent than petrol.

for most cars a diesel is a sensible option, especially if you intend to drive on motorways, offering economical travel, with a good power rate.

and diesels can sound good, a napier deltic diesel, an old tractor, but this is good in a different way to the sound of a rover V8, or alfa V6, Ferrari V12 etc, which is the sound of speed.

When I bought my GPS Diesel (note here S=Sporting lol) I didnt even consider outright performance. I wanted economy for the nature of my job up & down Motorways & A roads.
Then on here I read about re-maps & went for it, just to see for myself. Frankly I haven't been disappointed, great economy and a great turn of speed if & when I want or need it. Thats just on an old design 8valve 4 pot.

I think there are a lot of misconceptions about diesels.... and as for the "sound" a petrol makes, well thats for the individual I guess. Doesn't bother me one bit!

I certainly wouldn't drill my air-box as a lot of petrol heads seem to do, nor pursue performance by induction kit etc... I save my money for important things like keeping it running reliably, having regular servicing etc...

Petrol cars get ragged rotten, in particular small capacity examples.

No point ragging a diesel, all the grunt is where you need it these days, low revs, even across an acceptably narrow rev band.

Last edited:
Thats not the fastest car its just very expensive. Also i didnt mean stock production i meant souped up but still legal.

I really cant find any info on it lol, but im sure it is.
The only other car that I know of that has gone faster was the Calloway Sledgehammer, but that isn't a Dodge, it isn't a diesel, and it's not even current (1988)

Pics or your so wrong it's not funny....

Back