What are the crap drivers in these days?

Currently reading:
What are the crap drivers in these days?

Liquid Knight

Distinguished member
I used to think that German car glass was made out of a special material that made small Italian cars; especially brightly coloured ones were completely invisible.

The stereotypical Berk in a Merc' type. BMW drivers who need to use fog lights all the time because they've had the heads up their own backsides so long they're eyes are shot. Audi drivers who can only drive six feet at a time and need to be three inches from the back of your car because two seconds is a waste of their valuable time.

Then it became people carriers. Emasculated men driving a seven seat bread van with windows; absolutely no sense of self worth and suicidal driving style. The guys think a Citroen Xara Picasso is a Xara WRC car and drive their mate to a football match like it's an MI5 covert opp'. Women in people carriers who are used to smaller cars and have scratched every single panel, kerbed all four wheels and wonder why people keep flashing their lights at them as the drive obliviously to the fact they are three quarters across the wrong side of the road. Single (disorganized) mums who feel they have priority to break the speed limit, tailgate, overtake, jump lights, junctions and level crossings because they're late on the school run.

Now it's a mixed bag. Anyone under the age of thirty in a Nissan Micra is a take away delivery driver with three minutes to make a ten minute journey before the food gets cold. 4x4 drivers who know their cars weigh three Tons but still think they can stop in the six feet they've allocated from your tailgate. VW Passat drivers who will get out and threaten you with a baseball bat if you flash your lights to let them out of junction but as soon as you get out of your car run back to theirs and drive off like they're on a drag strip.

So from your observations what car are carp drivers in these days?

I spend a lot of time on the motorway and 90% of the idiots seem to drive Audi's these days. As you've already said they like to drive on your rear bumper and they seem to have an issue with staying in one lane!! They will quite happily undercut people in a dangerous manor to get one car in front!!
Mick

Then it became people carriers. Emasculated men driving a seven seat bread van with windows; absolutely no sense of self worth and suicidal driving style. The guys think a Citroen Xara Picasso is a Xara WRC car and drive their mate to a football match like it's an MI5 covert opp'.

Agree 100% about Picasso drivers had altercation with one in Tescos car park yeaterday who started roaring and shouting because of i idnt let him out of a parking space - he seemd to think there was something wrong with my eyes I told him they were 100% I have a problem with giving way to stupid fat bald ****s - he wished me a happy Easter then:shrug:

Also Audi A4 drivers - obviously they own the road (n)

I used to think that German car glass was made out of a special material that made small Italian cars; especially brightly coloured ones were completely invisible.

The stereotypical Berk in a Merc' type. BMW drivers who need to use fog lights all the time because they've had the heads up their own backsides so long they're eyes are shot. Audi drivers who can only drive six feet at a time and need to be three inches from the back of your car because two seconds is a waste of their valuable time.

Then it became people carriers. Emasculated men driving a seven seat bread van with windows; absolutely no sense of self worth and suicidal driving style. The guys think a Citroen Xara Picasso is a Xara WRC car and drive their mate to a football match like it's an MI5 covert opp'. Women in people carriers who are used to smaller cars and have scratched every single panel, kerbed all four wheels and wonder why people keep flashing their lights at them as the drive obliviously to the fact they are three quarters across the wrong side of the road. Single (disorganized) mums who feel they have priority to break the speed limit, tailgate, overtake, jump lights, junctions and level crossings because they're late on the school run.

Now it's a mixed bag. Anyone under the age of thirty in a Nissan Micra is a take away delivery driver with three minutes to make a ten minute journey before the food gets cold. 4x4 drivers who know their cars weigh three Tons but still think they can stop in the six feet they've allocated from your tailgate. VW Passat drivers who will get out and threaten you with a baseball bat if you flash your lights to let them out of junction but as soon as you get out of your car run back to theirs and drive off like they're on a drag strip.

:ROFLMAO:

Young indian women driving everything from dirty old micra's to luxury sports cars. OMG they have to be the worst drivers ever .. :cry:

I don't want to go into racial stereo typing but when I was in Luton a few weeks ago there was a woman (I guess) wearing a full black Burka with his/her mobile phone tucked into the side. He/She had both hands on the steering wheel so it wasn't illegal. I thought it was brilliant. ;) Like one of those hats with drinks either side and straws. If you use a mobile when you drive you put your licence and other road users at risk, if you use a blu-tooth you look like you're talking to Mr Flibbles so this girl/guy in the Burka could be on to something.

Women are very rarely allowed to drive in India but do so over here without any risk of persecution. I guess it's the novelty and if you have ever driven in India you can understand why the death toll is so high there.

Following yesterdays road trip in my Fantasia I made a few observations.

1/ Not one single vehicle in Nottingham had a hand brake (apart from the two wheeled varieties). Considering the number of hills, traffic lights and roundabouts. Every stop was a sea of bright red lights. If people dazzle me with their brake lights I usually put my main beams up until the brake lights come off. Would be futile in Nottingham though.

2/ People who get overtaken by a small Fiat get an inferiority complex and have to overtake me back with no consideration of the road traffic act; at all.

3/ The chap who was driving the 56 reg' Volvo V70 diesel was a complete pillock. Caught me up as if I was stood still when I was at the speed limit. Sat so close to my back bumper he missed three passing opportunities before deciding to use a painted traffic island, nearly hitting a car ahead that was trying to turn and then having to cut into the line of traffic as there was a concrete traffic island ahead and a truck coming the other way. Getting past the remainder of the line on a blind bend; nearly hitting a van coming the other way in the process.

I have to admit if I had to drive that car I would also drive like a complete tool out of humility. What kind of person goes to a Volvo dealer and says (Trainspotter voice) "I'd like the most God awful boring car your have, but in metallic jaundice/spray tan please; because I'm a bit wacky". You know the type of person who works in an office and always puts "Let's have a... Crazy Tie Daaaaaay!" in the suggestion box? The way he was driving I'd say he was off his med's.

Back