General What about this for an idea?

Currently reading:
General What about this for an idea?

Shminkypinky

I know this subject is one that has been mentioned before and Twincamms says to get a back box to solve the problem, I agree with him but dont want to spend that sort of money!

anyway its regarding the dirty tailpipe we all have (had) sticking out the back of the stilo!
Anyway I have an idea and want to know your opinions whether it would work or not, and if I would damage the original exhaust or effect fuel consumption etc!
Could I cut the dirty piece of pipe off that bends down and leave around 20mm (2cm) of the pipe sticking out of the back box to attach one of these tail pipe covers from halfords for arount a tenner!!!!!!what do you think?

Shminkypinky said:
I know this subject is one that has been mentioned before and Twincamms says to get a back box to solve the problem, I agree with him but dont want to spend that sort of money!

anyway its regarding the dirty tailpipe we all have (had) sticking out the back of the stilo!
Anyway I have an idea and want to know your opinions whether it would work or not, and if I would damage the original exhaust or effect fuel consumption etc!
Could I cut the dirty piece of pipe off that bends down and leave around 20mm (2cm) of the pipe sticking out of the back box to attach one of these tail pipe covers from halfords for arount a tenner!!!!!!what do you think?
Yeah you could do that :nutter:

Well, I was on Top Gear a few years back ;)

A full screen shot of me and my mate, standing above Tiff Needell's ASCAR pit at Rockingham Raceway (y) - even managed to get onto Sky News as well, lol.

I won't mention the fact I pee'd next to Tiff :D

Why not just go to an exhuast place and ask them to weld you a stainless steel tip onto your original back box. When i went to get a quote on my whole back box (which will be happening next month :D) he said he could just weld the tip on there for £45.

So after cutting the pipe and welding a new bit then getting a tip on there, i dont think it will work out much cheaper than that :cool:

Bob in disguise said:
Why not just go to an exhuast place and ask them to weld you a stainless steel tip onto your original back box. When i went to get a quote on my whole back box (which will be happening next month :D) he said he could just weld the tip on there for £45.

So after cutting the pipe and welding a new bit then getting a tip on there, i dont think it will work out much cheaper than that :cool:
Good idea Bob (y)

Back