What a sh** country we live in!

Currently reading:
What a sh** country we live in!

The Gurkhas do, or at least are prepared to give a temendous amount in return for very little unlike so many who come here who expect a lot but give bugger all.

There are all manner of people who've come here, either illegally or as Asylum seekers who don't understand, or never had it explained, the way a meritocracy functions. There is a kind of Politically Correct Multi Culturism at work here where we aren't allowed to expect anything of these people as some kind of payback for 300 years of Empire.

Our immigration problems aren't just restricted to those who come here from former Empire countries, but also those from Eastern Europe. The number of them committing crimes here who've then been revealed to have already been in posession of a Criminal Record before they've even got here.

A baggage handler was moaning to me the other day that his background had been checked and was capable of being checked back over 25 years before he got his job. How, he wondered did people who'd only been in this country for 12 months get a job as there background couldn't be checked back more than a year. His words were: "It's one law for them and a different one for us"

About 7 years ago, a haulier in Kent made headlines in the Transport press when he said that he'd applied to the Department of Employment for work permits for half a dozen Gurkhas who'd finished their service and wanted to stay here. He reported them as being hard working, very loyal, already trained to drive HGVs and with a good command of English. His request was turned down. Less than a month later he was approached by a different DoE official who asked him if he would take on a small number of African and Albanian asylum seekers who were in the country while their applications were being considered. The DoE would assist him financially if he would take these men on.

The only down sides were that there was no way he could check their backgrounds plus he'd have to pay for them to be trained to drive wagons not to mention paying for them to learn English. He declined.

Ayo Gurkhali

Last edited:
Latest campaign songs for New Labour:
"We're on the road to nowhere"
"sorry seems to be the hardest word".
Any more suggestions?
Led Zeppelin's "Nobody's fault but mine"

Well, when I say fault, what I mean is that blaming someone (me) isn't the most important thing. What is important is to have an Independant Inquiry headed up by an Independant Czar (chosen by me) who will look thoroughly at the bigger picture then after due consideration and several years find out I was right all along. All this will cost about £15M and simply make people who
are on our side (of the gravy train) several hundred thousand pounds each.

We need that inquiry, we're going to get that inquiry and the public will be glad they've footed the bill which will enable my Cabinet and me to keep on stealing a living for another 15years.

Last edited:
I suppose I could add one.

Those of us in Scotland will know of a glaswegian woman who was murdered outside her home by a chekslovakian individual (it might have been chekslovakian but I'm not entirely sure) with a history of murdering people in his home country. Now you have to wonder how such an individual is doing here. From what I've heard, he came in with little background information given by his own government because it's rumoured that they just wanted him out of the country. A bit bazzare, what's wrong with just locking him up in a prision?

I too though the exact same of this country for a long time. Just back from a week in Russia, trust me, this country is brilliant...
Of course you are right - things should be kept in perspective. It's like being told that we have got x % kids living in "poverty" because they don't have the latest trainers and a plasma telly. Have those experts ever been to India? That is real poverty.
However, we are seing our country slide downhill in many respects and it is a depressing to watch it happen. But we still arguably live in the best country there is - despite New Labour's best efforts!

Sociologists used to say that Man (oh alright and Woman. And human bi-peds of indeterminate gender, race, religion or sexuality) only need 5 things.

Shelter. Warmth. Companionship. Food. and (possibly) light. Well it was a long
time ago.

That list now seems to include a new baby buggy whenever the mother gets pregnant (people used to put the pram in the loft for the next one) a car, LCD tele, PSP 3, laptop, Sky, beer, foreign holidays, branded name trainers and track suits. Oh and having their heating bills paid while leaving the doors and window open because it's too hot in the house. Did I mention the very loud stereo for annoying any of their neighbours who have to get up for work the next day. Oh and a mobile, you know one of those Strawberry things. There are probably a few more things that are deemed essential to basic living.

Perhaps they could look to our wonderful MPs for guidance on things that they could claim for.

Last edited:
That list now seems to include a new baby buggy whenever the mother gets pregnant (people used to put the pram in the loft for the next one) a car, LCD tele, PSP 3, laptop, Sky, beer, foreign holidays, branded name trainers and track suits. Oh and having their heating bills paid while leaving the doors and window open because it's too hot in the house. Did I mention the very loud stereo for annoying any of their neighbours who have to get up for work the next day. Oh and a mobile, you know one of those Strawberry things. There are probably a few more things that are deemed essential to basic living.

Perhaps they could look to our wonderful MPs for guidance on things that they could claim for.

With so much leisure they need all that entertainment. I on the other hand have to work to pay for them all. I simply don't want to pay taxes to keep the chavocracy and the pigs at Westminster going.

What are you all voting for in the elections?

Back