General What a f**ked up day & Willie is AWOL

Currently reading:
General What a f**ked up day & Willie is AWOL

Thought I would do two things Today (sorry yesterday) Pick up the alloys I won on ebay & visit a good friend who was recently very unwell. Willie was in his element as usual hogging the outside lane and just merrily flying allong when all of a sudden 24 miles from my mates in Netherton Yorkshire and in the outside lane of a very busy motorway.........Nothing! the engine dies a complete death and very quickly starts to slow with many a vehicle bearing down on willie I thought i best get him out of there pronto, so Hazzards on clutch in and a very hefty swere through the briefest gap in three lanes of traffic managed to get to the hard shoulder & onto the grass bank :worship: :eek: :cry: Phew!

Oil was fine, water was fine, cambelt was fine :confused: a bit more prodding with the ign system appears to have complete electronic failure there is a spark but it's very weak and not very well directed. Any how Willie was rescued to a safe haven where he remains till tomorrow hopefully.

So with the use of a Jeep cherokee I'm off to get the alloys, and a propshaft for my BM. The alloys are sparkling and I think they will fit but won't know tomorrow but if they do they are very :cool:

Finally get's back to my mates at about 7pm have a little dinner a bit of chat then he tells me just to take the Jeep & bring it back when ever to sort Willie. I decide then to head home.........

Get's near the A66 at scotch corner and there seems to be plenty of fuel, a couple of miles into the A66 the light comes on, well it's not that far to the next garage thinks me.........WRONG! :cry: Breakdown No2 and he'll probably kill me when he reads this or have another heart attack :( The nearest garage showing at temple sowerby is only .75 miles away according to TomTom so lock the car with the dogs still on board as I couldn't take them with me (No leads :bang: ) and walk to the garage.....of course it's bleeding closed :bang: :bang: :cry: walk back to the car and eventually get hold of a very generous Policeman who has nearby a gallon of gold :) it's now 1am :cry: anyway filled the tank with a few drips according to the Jeep that still shows no miles to go and manage to crawl to the next filling station thats open (y)

So Willie is missing in action till further notice, two breakdowns and the longest day ever :cry: :cry: I think i'll lock myself in the house today.

Find out what's not working mate, i'll see if there's anything i can bus over for you.

best of luck... and remember those big cars use more fuel.

Alan,
What a time for Wiilie to go AWOL :eek: Will he be back by April the 5th for a trip to London? cheers Damon

Willie is BACK :worship: in fact about 30 min ago, turned out to be the cambelt, it didn't snap but had jumped about 12-15 teeth about 1/5 of the camshaft pully :eek: :confused: the belt was still intact with no teeth on the belt stripped which is why I discounted it initially, the weak spark was down to the plug not being earthed properly when testing it :eek:

When removing the cover fully the belt was slightly slack but didn't expect that to happen. My first thought when the car engine died was the belt but as said I checked it and it appeared fine. So tried 3 ign modules and units realising pretty quick that it wasn't the problem before checking the timing marks

I would LOVE to come down however I'm going for this op on my ankle on the 1st and cant miss it or I'll be seriously repremanded by the Job Possibly even sacked :( I will call about it tomorrow as i'm assuming you are aware about what's happening.

I've mentioned it to Dave and I think he is going to try and make it. I'll double my efforts to try and get my car down, it would be a waste to miss this opportunity to promote P2I :eek: Any chance of Jim bringing Silvia accross for the day?

Jim & Stuart are both aware, but not sure, If I can drive within the first week I will try and take the Selecta but that is very doubtfull as I have been told I will be on very strong painkillers for the first while :( It is a superb oppertunity and one not to be missed I agree 100%.

Jim left Sylvia into Mervyn Stewarts yesterday and they are going to see if they can help out getting her running right.
I know Jim has arranged time off with the CPW but I don't think I can afford to go. It's on Wed and the full ;) team will be there to meet us. I'm working on it though as it's a fantastic way to promote things.(y)

Back