General What a dilemma

Currently reading:
General What a dilemma

Well the decision is made,

The N/A Cinq is going to have to go sometime, it has not turned a wheel since last Saturday and really is surplus to requirements. The MOT runs out March time so I’ll Mot it and sell it in the near future.

The only question is do I sell it as is with all the mods or do I take off what I can and sell it as a normal car (it is in fantastic condition with low mileage so would sell either way) problem I have is that I’m sure I’d get more for the bits separately but I really hate to brake up what is a great package and I doubt anyone would pay anywhere near the value of these over a std car.

Any views?

What "bits" you got to take off the cinq?

ooh that's a long list and of course it couldn't all come off as i don't have all the origional bits the spec as it stands today that i can remember is

Engine /Exhaust

1108 with light head work
C&B 268 cam
Tricker 40mm TB
McKritch Chiped ECU
GSR Induction kit
Mocal Oil Cooler with thermostic sandwhich plate
(Just fitted new alternator, belt, cam belt and tensioner too)
Supersprint Stainless manifold with custom cat section
CSC Cat back exhaust

Suspension and brakes
Apex -30mm springs and matched dampers
GT front brakes with red dot 20 groove disks
Goodrich Hoses (front only as had problems with leaking rears but have replacements just not got around to fitting them)
OMP front strut brace
Tempra 14” alloys (with correct spacers and front stud conversion) fitted with 185/50/14 Conti-Sports (done 2k miles tops)

Others
Seicento MPI front and rear seats, second Ornimental gasket in bumper to feed oil cooler

Last edited:
It's not that i don't like the car I love it, for me this is just how it should have left the factory in the first place! When i look at the other cars the GP has to stay as that is the family car, the Cavalier cost me a fortune and two years of my life to build and is truely unique, so that has to stay and then there is the Cinq Turbo nuff said.

I would like the cinq to go as a whole to someone who would appeciate it but in the end i supose a sale is a sale

The only bits i could really remove would be the TB, GSR, Manifold and Cat, front brake conversion, strut brace and maybe the cam so that would be what £300 to £400 as parts (might keep the TB for the Turbo as that one is 36mm)

You would probably get more selling all bits seperate then selling car/returning to standard if you still have them.

Fair enough it may be worth a little more over a standard cinq, but you only have the small market to sell it in, theres probably only a select few who knows what these mods are and do to performance, and to be honest, a lot are buying these cars for learner drivers/cheap runabouts/second, backup cars, they probably dont want to pay a bit extra for all mods with this one when there are plenty of other good cheaper standard examples out.

Sadly its a buyers market and there is a lot of choice for them

Last edited:
How did you get the rear seats to fit? Just been looking at some today and i couldn't work it out.

How did you get the rear seats to fit? Just been looking at some today and i couldn't work it out.

The seis rears are split fold, you need to get the lever/mechanism which enables the rear seat to split fold from a sei and transfer it into the cinq

Quite easy but you need to get all the Sei fitments ie rear catches floor mounted hinges etc,
All the fixing points are there in the cinq they just have plastic blanking plugs in them

Last edited:
I looked at all that, but the 51plate sei didn't have the same holes in the body where the backs clip in. Found the blanking plug in the well, but couldn't work out about the seat backs.

Back on topic, i'm in the same boat as you. I know I should break it and get some of the money back, but it's down to being bothered.

Back