whare would be the best place to buy

Currently reading:
whare would be the best place to buy

a bluetooth hands free kit for my car

halfords looks like a rip off and carphone wharehouse definightly are

70quid for it and 70quid fitting

would i be better buying a radio with it in and payin extra on insurence?

whats your ideas?

how much do you actually need to use it :confused:

i was thinking of getting one for my car, then realised that i dont need one now as my satnav has it on and i can connect it to my phone, its not the best but it does the trick (y)

my mum always phones when im driing even tho its only a short drive also it means when my amtes phone i wudnt ignore them

its mainly a want not a need
for example i need to find this weeks pay cheque
i want a wirless hands free kit

due to cig lighter being crap

Simply turn your phone off whilst your in the car, and then turn it on again when you get out if you only do short journeys :D

i use the bluetooth on my sat nav if im doing long journeys in work time to see clients/customers, and then should i say be on the way to newcastle to meet one, then they can ring and give details, or i can ring and say im going to be late or early etc :rolleyes:

I always recommend the parrot ck300 for this type of thing, portable, no fitting, can pair with mor ethan one phone and is not too expensive.

Liam

Navman do a unit that's £109.99.

Navman n40i.

It's got a digital camera built in, take a photo of anywhere in europe, houses, landmarks, and when you next want to go just flick through the photo album and select it.

It's also got a built in safety camera detector.

my sat nav i like even tho i got it for 90 quid with staff discount
i had a mate i didnt know :)

i cant use parrot ck300 due to cigaret lighter being messed up

tozzle what you get for 66 quid?

probably the best option is to get the inear bluetooth thingy
and leave it in door pocket if i turn it on whilst phone is rining will it work?

Last edited:
probably the best option is to get the inear bluetooth thingy
and leave it in door pocket if i turn it on whilst phone is rining will it work?

probably, but wouldnt rummaging in your door pocket, finding it switching it on and waiting for it to pair again with your phone, be an even bigger distraction than the one you were trying to avaoid by getting it in the first place?

why not just get yourself set up and ready before you move off?

Last edited:
i dont think the insurance will go up at all, if you tell them that you have a non standard headunit in, as long as you tell them its worth nothing....

i have a pioneer HU with built in bluetooth, had it in my previous car but not the one im driving atm.... i really miss it :(
ok, no good for privacy if you have passengers, but very easy to use, and well worth the money IMO :)

EDIT: i dont think the insurance will go up much at all, if any, for a 80 quid HU

Last edited:

It's happened again. Brought for £140 from Halfords and saw for £100 week later in Argos and got £40 back on price pledge, and now its cheaper!

I would recomend this unit! Got it in my Panda and its great and Ive got crap speakers but its improved the sound quality! Come with a remote control aswell, and whats even better is the fact that you can play music from the MP3 player on your phone through this head unit using the bluetooth also, its not only for making call.

I always have my bluetooth constantly on omy N95 (leave the phone in hidden mode though), and whenever I get in the car and put the stereo on it automatically connects so you never have to worry about the phone connecting again. Just leave it in your pocket, and if you get a call, your ring tone comes over the speakers and you push the volume button on the headunit to answer and end call!

And its got an AUX input so I can still use my iPod Video!

Last edited:
Back