Technical Went Bonkers and all Herby on me!

Currently reading:
Technical Went Bonkers and all Herby on me!

The night last before I developed a flat battery due to my Alternator not charging while the car Idls, I charged the battery and put it back in. went for a drive then came home. everything was fine.

Yesterday morning before work it was pissing down with rain, I usually have a little puddle in the passenger footwell due to the windscreen not being replaced properly but on this occasion there was no puddle.

Anyway when I switched the car on and both front and rear windscreen wipers started by themselves at full speed and the stalk would not slow them down.

When I press Forwards on the wiper stalk I can spray water onto the back window, however when I try the spray the front window by pulling the stalk it blows the horn. No other wiper stalk control responds.

At night on the way back home after the football my car started blowing its horn by itself at bad drivers, no lie it did, probably a coincidence but anyway, it was blowing the horn at second intervals so it sounded like a car alarm.

My car alarm has a siren and as far as I am aware the factory alarm, which was disconnected years ago, had a siren to.

Now because it was raining it was ok but now its not I can't drive around with wipers on or I'll look like a nutter.

I disconnected the bottom right big relay box from the fuse box underneath the steering wheel and the wipers stopped, but then so did the heater, I disconnected the battery from the car before I went because I could hear 'switching' coming from the fuse box and I didn't want to be awoken in the night by a fireman telling me my car combusted (n)

Does anyone know what happened to my Tipo and how I can fix it?

Trans, I agree with Custard. It sounds like an earthing fault, or possibly a dodgy relay that's feeding current to the wrong circuit. Have you disturbed any wiring recently?

Might be an idea to check any earthing cables, or have a peek under the dashboard and see if anything has been disturbed.

Hope you get it fixed and get to the ACE!

Chas

1986Uno45S said:
Trans, I agree with Custard. It sounds like an earthing fault, or possibly a dodgy relay that's feeding current to the wrong circuit. Have you disturbed any wiring recently?

Might be an idea to check any earthing cables, or have a peek under the dashboard and see if anything has been disturbed.

Hope you get it fixed and get to the ACE!

Chas

sounds like the water got in your fuse box.
kneel down and let the fuse box hang down from under the dash.
check it for water. try using an hair dryer on it for a short while.
then wrap a bit of good strong plastic round the top and sides but not the bottom. push it back in its clip.
you may have to take the relays out and prise the tops off and empty any water out that got in them.
this cured my herby like tipo it may cure yours.
unless of course its just a dodgy wire or stalk. you can easily slide the stalks out of there home. by taking off the steering colume covers under the steering wheel. if it still happens when you have slid them out and pulled the wires off then it must be the water in the fuse box syndrone.

Back