Went a bit morbid after watching them crash videos

Currently reading:
Went a bit morbid after watching them crash videos

According to the TV program i saw, senna's car crashed because it lost the ground force effect from underneath, i am no expert but i as saw it is,

The lower to the ground a cars runs, the faster it can take corners.(F1 cars back then ran a few Milimetre of the ground)
The air flow that fills the gap under the car is channeled in such a way it creates its own down force.
Senna's tyres were not at full temp yet, which DID NOT cause a grip problem (as senna was a good enough driver to decide how much grip the car had) BUT because the tyre was not at running temp, the gas inside the tyre expands with heat, hence the tyres were not at its full ride hieght.
This lowered the car by just enough for the car to ground out (hence all the sparks coming out the back). when the car hits the ground you lose the airflow and all the downforce that is being created, hence when the corner came senna did not have enough down force to take the corner and went straight on..

This is why they now have 1cm planks under the cars, to stop this agian.

Again though, if you read the wikipedia article it say's that program was proved wrong. I had seen that program before anyway.

Again though, if you read the wikipedia article it say's that program was proved wrong. I had seen that program before anyway.

I read the article, and for me it dont add up. But for me senna is still the most talented race car driver i've ever seen, and out of respect me and other here will have for the man, i will leave it at that.

"if they could get a washing machine to fly, my jimmy could land it" apollo 13

Back