Welcome to FIAT Forum v3!

Currently reading:
Welcome to FIAT Forum v3!

Yes, let's call it v3 as back in 2012 we had v2 - and yes, it's been that long since any major update!

Everything is different now, but as same as I could do it so you don't all get lost :)

Some parts have been renamed, such as:

Downloads > Resources
Events > Calendar
Gallery > Media

But rest assured it's just a name change, ALL the data has been imported (I made sure of that and my goodness I never want to do that again!)

There are lots of new things to explore, to be honest I haven't found everything yet so do have a play and let me know if you find any issues or anything missing so I can get right on it.

One of the big ones is that browser push notifications are now supported, so if you're browsing on a mobile you can allow the forum to send you updates - no need for emails each time :)

Current Issues/Tasks:
Search is rubbish, I need to get ElasticSearch installed on the server to solve that.
Gallery images have all been moved, so old links are broken. Working on a redirect script as we speak.
Classifieds need prefixes for existing ads, again, needs an import script so I'm on the case.
Members motors needs converting to the new format, it's useable now so don't worry about that - but it will change in the next week or so.
Links to guides and downloads at top of relevant forum
Thanks reaction missing
Remove number from forum urls
Make stickies more obvious
Show details under avatar on postbits
Login using SSO (Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter)

But please do let me know what you think and if there's anything else I can do!

Cheers!

Ben

Last edited:
A few fixes in the classifieds. Sections that use prefixes now require them (and validate) and the created thread also has a text prefix as to what type it is (For Sale or Wanted) so they will be easier to spot in the thread listings.

Screenshot_20220127-034832_Edge.jpg

Yes this is one limitation - on the old forum system I was able to drag in threads from multiple forums based on their prefix (so I could get all the Punto things from classifieds, members motors, spotted etc etc) all to link in with the main Punto forum.

I did look for this, but no add on is currently available that can do it - so it's something I need to study on how to code myself.

I might be able to get around this by putting a new side bar in its place, but that wouldn't help people on mobile...

On my list! :D
My thread is back on the mk 1 page now 😀 thanks Ben 👍🏻👍🏻

My thread is back on the mk 1 page now 😀 thanks Ben 👍🏻👍🏻
Ah yes, I worked out how to do that!

Threads with a silver prefix are ones that are dragged in from another forum associated by prefix.

So far that's:
Members motors (garage)
Classifieds
Guides
Downloads
Newbie thread
Group buy
Auction watch (ebay links)
Newswire
Spotted/was it you

👍

Edit: thought I was going mad, but original announcement here.

Last edited:
Back