Weird feeling...

Currently reading:
Weird feeling...

9 months of work, 200 pages excluding appendices, a combined total of over 50,000 words, over a hundred figures and tables, 70 references....

And my master's dissertation is coming to an end (those totals include my skills acquired report, which I still have to complete, so I am not free yet ;)). It's a horrible feeling, it's been my life for aslong as I can remember, any free time has been spent on it. Now it's like a void is closing within me!

:eek:

Another hour and I will have finished my conclusion, another 30 minutes and my abstract will probably be completed. :eek:

After June 8th, I might have to get some form of a life!

I still have a year after this, don't worry ;) I just put in the line to be optimistic, anyway ;)

It's done!

Now just got to sort out a way of making my Appendix come after my references (grr @ Word), get it proof read and finalise all of the references. Then onto my skills acquired report, but that's for next weekend!

26,500 words :eek:

I know :( Guidelines mean 2 copies of each so including appendices, around 550 pages to be printed. I have to do a further 2 copies, one for my work supervisor and one for me. I will be doing those 2 as 2 sheets per page, double sided, so 100 pages = 25; so not so bad.

I had to print out a copy at work last week for my site visit and felt guilty printing 200 pages, then i remembered I should have done them 4 to a page, whoops!

I have an A0 poster too, which is also laminated, plus work logs (50 pages), an index of work logs, a IChemE publication report AND a IchemE chartership training manaul. I think my estimate of 550 is low now. At least it's free :S

I am so proud of the work though!

I want to throw my thesis out the window :eek: I'm bloody sick of it.

Appendix is staying David ;) Never know when I might want to start eating grass again :)

Got to get it proof read now, complete the nomenclature and get it made into a hardback book, which is going to cost me £80 for the 4 I need to do :(

So glad that that period of my life is over and although it's been more work since it's a masters, it's been well worth it! Just hope my oral exam in Manchester on Thursday goes well and I can complete my SAR.

My sister has it as a second job so she will do it for me ;)

100 pages of lovely bedtime reading....who doesn't want to understand process modelling, binary interaction parameters and data analysis methods?

I'll stick with mechanical engineering ta :p

On good terms with your sis at the mo then - keeping her sweet :)

In which case they will notice my 'deliberate' mistake ;)

It is marked by my work supervisor, my personal tutor and an external examiner. Mine is confidential though, so will be kept under lock and key :(

Back