General Weird 750 thing

Currently reading:
General Weird 750 thing

I've just found out that the 750 got a rod operated box (yeah, Like I've been going on about how weird the gear change) because I had a look under the centre consol and found it's a fake! LOL!

Attachments

• DSC01606.JPG
    DSC01606.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 58
Dav, i asked about that car, and its sounds a little dodgy. I asked what catagory it was classed as by the insurance company, and he doesnt know. He says that because its only got slight damage its probably a catagory D, but i have seen pandas with less damage classed as catagory B (breaking only).

e505jpy said:
I've just found out that the 750 got a rod operated box (yeah, Like I've been going on about how weird the gear change) because I had a look under the centre consol and found it's a fake! LOL!

I've only seen Pandas with rod operated boxes. Is this not the norm then and there is other ways of changing gear:confused:. I know there is selecta, but I assumed that is witchcraft that makes that work :)

Vin said:
I've only seen Pandas with rod operated boxes. Is this not the norm then and there is other ways of changing gear:confused:. I know there is selecta, but I assumed that is witchcraft that makes that work :)
nah... there's a rod connected to the soul of a small demon... it's simpler than the manual gear box's... it's only got to go laterally

Image0131.jpg

Thats what it looked like when I bought it so I assumed that there where cables inside the consol esp as the change was much more tricky than the other pandas I'd owned

But it was just the leather/shaft fouling round the hole in the consol that was making it difficult...

Maybe Lloyd fitted it. He's been really good to the car fitting lots of trim from more expensive pandas.

Jim

I'll ask Obi Wan if he wants to pinch it off the 308 before he floggs it on Ebay!:D

I'm sure it would add at least 50p to the value of the 750!

but to be honest I'm like Steve and prefer the space up front that taking the centre console out gives....

Oh no, I can sense some comments coming on about what me and Steve need so much space in the front of a panda for!!! lol

Jim

Last edited:
Back