General Weekend 105 ELX JTD - New Owner/Member

Currently reading:
General Weekend 105 ELX JTD - New Owner/Member

Hi All,

A quick introduction, I owned a Fiat Coupe 20VT for a couple of years but expanding family and other reasons made me have to sell up. Yesterday I picked up a Merea Weekend 105 JTD ELX 85K in Grey based on my previous FIAT experience and the Superb FCCUK club (y)

I am very impressed that car to me feels like new, tight, nice ride, no warning lights and FSH and from a responsible previous owner :eek: you get the score. I think I have a great family car for a great price but I have a few newbie questions if you dont mind.

1) I want to replace the Tape/Radio/ unit and want to know if the connections are standard ISO blocks and how the unit is removed.

2) The driver door handle seems quite stiff and I am worried about something breaking, from the outside its fine. Any ideas/tips ?

Why the hell these cars are so cheap beats me. Loving it :worship:

Cheap because of the journalist originated myth that FIAT can't make big cars. Everyone elses loss IMHO.

1. Can't help you, sorry, don't touch that stuff.

2. Take it off and have a look. Sometimes alarm fitter pukes ( a 1990 Tempra flashback there... ) screw it up. Whatever it is, it will take more than just piling WD-40 in there. Especially if you are worried about it. On the Spyder the window winder got stiff and then went 'crack' one day and stopped working. In fear I opened it up expecting it to be all broken up with cog teeth everywhere ( no workshop manual see ) and found it was just something that had worked loose. Refitted it and its been fine ever since. If the outside is fine, then its not the lock. So whatever the assembly between the lock and the handle is what you are looking for.(*)

(*) Get a workshop manual if you don't get a detailed description from one of the folks on here who seem to strip their cars down at the smallest excuse. ( Do as I say, not as I do. I tend to open things up to see how they work when it goes wrong .... )

Hi,
The radio is fairly standard but you will need a convertor to use any steering wheel buttons. Check out the ICE section for more info.
Some handles do get stiff. My pass door handle needs a good pull to work. The only thing is to take off the door panel and clean and free things up.

b1gduk said:
Hi All,

A quick introduction, I owned a Fiat Coupe 20VT for a couple of years but expanding family and other reasons made me have to sell up. Yesterday I picked up a Merea Weekend 105 JTD ELX 85K in Grey based on my previous FIAT experience and the Superb FCCUK club (y)

I am very impressed that car to me feels like new, tight, nice ride, no warning lights and FSH and from a responsible previous owner :eek: you get the score. I think I have a great family car for a great price but I have a few newbie questions if you dont mind.

1) I want to replace the Tape/Radio/ unit and want to know if the connections are standard ISO blocks and how the unit is removed.

2) The driver door handle seems quite stiff and I am worried about something breaking, from the outside its fine. Any ideas/tips ?

Why the hell these cars are so cheap beats me. Loving it :worship:

Ditto - only coming from a Tipo 16v rather than a coupe!

Back