General weather in UK

Currently reading:
General weather in UK

DARTH VADER

Sorry to bother and maybe not the proper place to put this post but and since i'm a member of this forum and on Cinquecento/Seicento just to know if everyone is ok since here in Portugal I've seen too many bad pictures of the rain on UK :(

Best to you all :slayer:

Cheers

Jorge

Re: wheater in UK

I am fine, weather here is just mad. So much so I have abandoned the car and am taking my motorcycle to work. Its a Supermoto type so going through deep water is a lot less stressful than Cinq/Punto.

My normal journey is 20 minutes long but because on the rain/floods it is adding an extra hour on in the car but only 5 minutes extra on the bike. It just take 10 minutes to put all the waterproofs on first!

I live in the Fens and we are at (and some places BELOW!!!) sea level. Luckily we have really good drainage, so no floods. But there was a Tornado spotted in Pinchbeck yesterday afternoon. About 2 miles from my house :eek:

Well where I live the double football-pitch-width field with a river at the other side that is in front of my house has now entirely become a shallow lake, but luckily there's no disruption traffic wise!!!

I heard that the M1 was closed due to concerns a dam somewhere was about to break :-/

There's a tragic story of a guy getting trapped in a drain & not being able to be freed as the water level rose - died of hypothermia apparently :-(

Back