Water whooshing sound from behind dashboard

Currently reading:
Water whooshing sound from behind dashboard

R

Richard

I'm hearing water whooshing/slurping sounds coming from behind the dashboard and I wondered if this meant my water pump was on it's last legs ?? It doesn't sound like a lot of water but I can clearly hear it inside the car - with the bonnet open I can't, due to the noise of the engine so I can't pinpoint it exactly.

Don't worry about it.

Waterpumps either leak or just jam solid when they fail.

i know what u mean, u mainly hear it when u pull off, thought it waz a bit bizzare wen i heard it, but i assumed it meant my coolin system if working, id b more concerned if u couldnt hear it

You may have a air in the system - or it could be your air con if you have one.

svenjtd.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site

So how would I get the air out of the system Sven ?

plugA.jpg

plugB.jpg

First open the A and then screw B. start pouring water in till it gets to come out on screw A-close it, then pour some more till it starts to go out on the screw B-close it.
Now fill the tank a bit over the MAX line, start the engine and let it run for 2-3 mins in neutral with the cap on the tank off. Every 30 sec or so, get the revs up to 4000 rpm so the water can move in the engine and repeat it for so long until the fan starts to work. Turn the engine off and check that the water is between the MIN and MAX lines. If it needs adding, wait 30 mins and then add some-put the cap back on and your done.

svenjtd.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site