Technical Water temperature and tachometar gauges

Currently reading:
Technical Water temperature and tachometar gauges

Dule

I plan to mount gauges for water temperature and tachometar in my Seicento.

10204_104_1_500.jpg

I have two questions.

Where is the best place for mount them, does anyone have the example for the place and the method of assembly those gauges?

Also, I was wondering is it complicated to do the wiring and have anyone done it already in Sei?

Thanks

Best place is probably centre vent. If using those housings, probably have to use the yop of the dash -- more or less where the Sei Sporting has the tach. The trick on the Sei is not to have the dials pointing up towards the roof. You can probably use the Cinq diagram for the tach, for water temperature, tap the thermostat housing. You'll find a pic for this is you do a search for thermostat and user Asteris (may be asteris) -- it's a long thread and the pic is toward the end.

cao dule ;)

what's the point in the water gauge going up to 300 degrees? I know the sei water system is pressurized, but it's only up to 1.4 bar, i doubt you could reach those temperatures.

I was just thinking as I was reading that, that water would have ceased to be water looong before 300 Degrees C ;)

I'm getting a temp guage off ronnieronson but don't really want to lose my centre vent, so will likely do the same as kritip did in the guide and have the pod off the tacho

i see that dule is from rijeka, and i'm quite positive they use degrees celsius there, would be a bit uncommon to have a F scale in his car, especially as nobody really uses F in this part of europe :)

Nope that C is an F, look at the needle a little more carefully you can see the tail of the F eating into the needle glow. Other sites with the same gauges also show the temp gauge as ºF.

If it's a C, then the gauge is pretty much useless.
If it's an F, then it would be weird to read for a guy that lives in a country that's used to celsius. :)

I don't think any of us use Fahrenheit as standard, certainly I've got no concept of how it relates to Celcius. But yeah, if that gauge is in Celcius it's essentially useless with that kind of scale

Our 'merican cousins still use Fahrenheit so they could be US gauges.
F>C ((F - 32) * 5) / 9
C>F ((C * 9) / 5 ) + 32

The guy who devised the temperature scale was called Celsius, originally called it 'Centigrade' and had 0 for the boiling point of water and 100 for freezing. One of the many pieces of almost useless information I have lodged in my brain - pity that I forget the things that I really need to know.

BTW, anybody know of a way to fit a temp gauge in a Sei Sporting so that it looks OE?

Last edited:
The discussion has gone in the wrong direction. I choose this series of gauge because it has black background and possibility of seven colors. On the link of producer there is no image of water gauge in Celsius in this series, but I'm sure that it is possible to get it in Celsius way because it is made in Italy, and they use Celsius too.

Back