General Water near Wipers

Currently reading:
General Water near Wipers

focus

Had a look under my bonnet this morning and noticed that there was approximately 5mm of water sat in the area near the windscreen wiper motor. That car had been sat outside of my work for one hour and there has been no rain, although I did use my washer jets a few times on the way in to work.

Is this build-up normal and will it drain away normally or in an hour should it have already gone? I had a quick look around for leaves, etc, in the area but couldn't see anything obvious that was blocking any of the holes. I notice some water (clear with no smell/taste so not fluid) coming out behind the front wheels.

Thanks in advance for your help.

There should be some drain holes in there to get rid of that water. They're pretty big, so it should not take an hour for the water to drain. Get some wire and poke them through to make sure they're clear.

The water could be leaking from the washer hose.. but normally that wouldn't be much (it can't run up hill) so I'd guess it came from when you used the washers. But it should drain immediately (that water dribbling behind the wheels). Sort out the drain channels.

Ralf S.

Thanks, I stuck a small stick down both holes and the water cleared. A bit of mud was blocking the holes.

On reflection I suspect that the majority of the water didn't drain away from when I washed it the night before.

:yeahthat: And it has been known to fill up and drown the ECU and Wiper motor before!! Always worth a check under there whenever cleaning your car or checking the oil etc.

Back