Uno Water dripping into car

Currently reading:
Uno Water dripping into car

Cypress

Hi guys. Uno Mia owner here.

The oddest thing happened. I was driving and all of a sudden steam came gushing through my vents, steaming up the window. The cowling drain was blocked and water poured onto the exhaust. I cleared that. All ok.

BUT NOW, when the engine is running water pours into the car still (no more steam) and the carpet is always wet. I had to bypass the hose to the heater back to the radiator.

Why is water still seeping into the car when I connect the water pipes to the heater???

Thanks

Sounds like the heater core is leaking. Not too bad to replace on the Uno's. It's in the middle of the dash, well at least on the Mk1's

Hi Gholian,

How does one get to that plug? I'm not sure I know how the dash comes off. Sounds like a lot of work.

If it is the heater matrix, I just happen to have put one up in the classifieds under Fiat Uno (obviously)

Also if you look at my pictures there maybe useful to see a few connections and places where it may leak from. Easier perhaps to see in my pictures as i have taken it out of the car.

Hope all goes well.

Hi guys. Uno Mia owner here.

The oddest thing happened. I was driving and all of a sudden steam came gushing through my vents, steaming up the window. The cowling drain was blocked and water poured onto the exhaust. I cleared that. All ok.

BUT NOW, when the engine is running water pours into the car still (no more steam) and the carpet is always wet. I had to bypass the hose to the heater back to the radiator.

Why is water still seeping into the car when I connect the water pipes to the heater???

Thanks

Mine is from a mark 2 uno.
Whether they are the same matrix or not I do not know.

Back