Washing Machine

Currently reading:
Washing Machine

psychofox

Legend
Any one know how to fix the catch on a washing machine?
I have an Indesit WG820 (if that helps). The door wont close, just pops back open. Driving me nuts now as we have baby clothes to clean :mad:

It's poss to get a catch for the inside of the washing machine (not the door catch) from a local repair shop. We have a shop up here called Home Care... tiniest run down shop you will find, but this is the sort of stuff he does. Don't bother with the hassle of an electrical retailer, you'll get fobbed off or they won't be able to help. Yell.com and find a repair shop near ya! (y)

It's poss to get a catch for the inside of the washing machine (not the door catch) from a local repair shop. We have a shop up here called Home Care... tiniest run down shop you will find, but this is the sort of stuff he does. Don't bother with the hassle of an electrical retailer, you'll get fobbed off or they won't be able to help. Yell.com and find a repair shop near ya! (y)

Will have a look thanks for that!

I vote for the gaffa tape!! :D
Or i think one of my family members used to wedge the door shut with a broom handle till their was fixed. :p

I vote for the gaffa tape!! :D
Or i think one of my family members used to wedge the door shut with a broom handle till their was fixed. :p

If only it was that easy :bang:

Have been told that the lock inside is broken, so it need replacing.
Any ideas where i canget a replacement part?

Just 'Google' Indesit WG820 spares, you'll find loads (no washing machine pun intended).

Googled, found hundreds websites that have spares (some quite expensive too). Also found a link to my post here :)
looked on Yell.com, found a few shops in close proximity to me, but i need to take the old part to make sure its the same.
So, tonights job, taking off the cover of the washing machine to get the door lock off.

Last edited:
Right, found a parts store not too far from me, looked like a washing machine scrap yard :eek:

Told the guy what was wrong, he said sounds like the door lock. Bought part for a tenner.

Got back home, fitted the lock part, still not working. :confused:

Back to shop. explained again what was wrong, he told me if it isnt the lock, it has to be the door. (failing that, he also gave me a pcb and told me how to change the old one). Bought door for twenty quid.
Got back home, put the door on. The handle is in a different place to the lock so doesnt line up :mad: wrong door.

Back to the shop for a third time, got exact same door, back home fitted it and 'hey presto' washing machine now works!!! Took the whole of Saturday, but missus now thinks im a genius, result (y)

Back